How can I go back to to a certain tab on a screen?

Hello everyone,


I have this following screen which contains 3 internal tabs 


And this page 


when I click the button "Save" I want to go back to the Session tab of the first page.

This is the logic of the Save button 

but this way it goes to the first tab which is the Event Details tab, however I would like it to go to this one


Does anyone know how to fix this? thank you so much!


You'll have to have the which tab you want to have open on the screen load, either as a input of the page or as a session variable. i advise for the 1rst one :) 


Best regards,

Hi Khouloud,

Do you use the Tabs-widget of Silk UI or Outsystems UI?

You can use a local Variable of the screen which holds or stores the "ActiveTab". 

Then you don't have to render the Current Page again.


Hi khouloud,

set the active tab property of the navigation tab, on the button click logic.

Regards,

Koushik

Koushik Prathi wrote:

Hi khouloud,

set the active tab property of the navigation tab, on the button click logic.

Regards,

Koushik

That changes the Orientation of how the tabs are displayed, however I want to change which tab is displayed based on a condition.


Domingues wrote:

You'll have to have the which tab you want to have open on the screen load, either as a input of the page or as a session variable. i advise for the 1rst one :) 


Best regards,

I created an input variable that should tell me which Tab should be open 

and in the preparation I do the assignments 


And in the Navigation/tabs I do the following 


However, a weird thing is happening, all of the tabs have the same Ids (Navigation1.Id, Navigation2.Id, Navigation3.Id) for some reason, therefore it is always displaying the first tab.

khouloud khezami wrote:

Domingues wrote:

You'll have to have the which tab you want to have open on the screen load, either as a input of the page or as a session variable. i advise for the 1rst one :) 


Best regards,

I created an input variable that should tell me which Tab should be open 

and in the preparation I do the assignments 


And in the Navigation/tabs I do the following 


However, a weird thing is happening, all of the tabs have the same Ids (Navigation1.Id, Navigation2.Id, Navigation3.Id) for some reason, therefore it is always displaying the first tab.


Why do you use the switch in the preparation? Can you tell me the exact flow of your actions? 

Since you use the (Current screen) I don't reccomend you to use an input parameter.


Just set the TabId within the Save-action.

Martin Rozeboom wrote:

khouloud khezami wrote:

Domingues wrote:

You'll have to have the which tab you want to have open on the screen load, either as a input of the page or as a session variable. i advise for the 1rst one :) 


Best regards,

I created an input variable that should tell me which Tab should be open 

and in the preparation I do the assignments 


And in the Navigation/tabs I do the following 


However, a weird thing is happening, all of the tabs have the same Ids (Navigation1.Id, Navigation2.Id, Navigation3.Id) for some reason, therefore it is always displaying the first tab.


Why do you use the switch in the preparation? Can you tell me the exact flow of your actions? 

Since you use the (Current screen) I don't reccomend you to use an input parameter.


Just set the TabId within the Save-action.


Yes sure, I have this screen which contains all of the tabs



Here I have another screen

As soon as I click Save, I want to navigate to the first screen however I want to display the second tab instead of the first.


however if I come from another screen I should display the first tab and that's why I am having the switch

I guess you do use Silk UI. ActiveTabId as input parameter should link to this static entity. 


Solution

Martin Rozeboom wrote:

I guess you do use Silk UI. ActiveTabId as input parameter should link to this static entity. 



My bad, all of them have slightly different Ids which I didn't notice,


The solution is to bind the DataType of the NavigationTab to the local variable TabId instead of assigning the Navigation1.Id or I should set the DataType of the NavigationTab to Navigation1.Id and in this case I don't change the TabId

AND


OR



AND


 


my mistake was having tabId = Navigation2.Id and DataType = "tab-two", that's why it was not pointing to the correct tab.


Thank you.

Solution