Views
Comments
Solved
How can I go back to to a certain tab on a screen?
Question

Hello everyone,

I have this following screen which contains 3 internal tabs 

And this page 

when I click the button "Save" I want to go back to the Session tab of the first page.

This is the logic of the Save button 

but this way it goes to the first tab which is the Event Details tab, however I would like it to go to this one

Does anyone know how to fix this? thank you so much!

Solution

Martin Rozeboom wrote:

I guess you do use Silk UI. ActiveTabId as input parameter should link to this static entity. 

My bad, all of them have slightly different Ids which I didn't notice,

The solution is to bind the DataType of the NavigationTab to the local variable TabId instead of assigning the Navigation1.Id or I should set the DataType of the NavigationTab to Navigation1.Id and in this case I don't change the TabId

AND

OR

AND

my mistake was having tabId = Navigation2.Id and DataType = "tab-two", that's why it was not pointing to the correct tab.

Thank you.

You'll have to have the which tab you want to have open on the screen load, either as a input of the page or as a session variable. i advise for the 1rst one :) 

Best regards,

Hi Khouloud,

Do you use the Tabs-widget of Silk UI or Outsystems UI?

You can use a local Variable of the screen which holds or stores the "ActiveTab". 

Then you don't have to render the Current Page again.

Hi khouloud,

set the active tab property of the navigation tab, on the button click logic.

Regards,

Koushik

Koushik Prathi wrote:

Hi khouloud,

set the active tab property of the navigation tab, on the button click logic.

Regards,

Koushik

That changes the Orientation of how the tabs are displayed, however I want to change which tab is displayed based on a condition.

I guess you do use Silk UI. ActiveTabId as input parameter should link to this static entity.