Hi All,

Anyone know what's the point of disabling an application?

Doing it puts all of its eSpaces offline, but other than that does it do anything else?

From my, admittedly brief, analysis they still count for the application objects licensing limit and are still validated by LifeTime. Oh, and if they expose REST web services, you can still get their documentation and swagger.

While I get the application objects thing, otherwise people could just play with enabling and disabling applications to circumvent licensing limitations, I really don't get why LifeTime cares whether or not it’s compatible with what your promoting, since it’s, well, offline anyway, so it’s not like anyone is going to use it.

And yes, I get that other eSpaces could be referencing the disabled eSpaces, but to me that’s a really bad idea, and problems just waiting to happen.

So, what’s the point of it then?

Hi Carlos,

I think you disable an application if you do not want to allow users to use the application for a certain period. For example to do some maintenance or data fix or whatever.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi guys,

would like to check with you an issue related to above question.

If B apps is using some entities of A apps, then A is disabled, will it cause any issue to B in referencing?

Cheers,

Lady

Hi,

If you disable one application, the application which consumes the disabled application will be impacted. Will not be working properly. So if your application is stand-alone, not exposed to use as a dependency then you can easily able to disable it

Thank you,

Sudip.

On a technical level. Doesn't this just stop the IIS website? 

Hi All,

I found out that we cannot access the webpage only, but the entities is still can be used by other apps.

Cmiiw.

Cheers,

Lady

Vincent Koning wrote:

No, because all apps together are a single website as far as IIS is concerned.

Sudip Dey wrote:

If you disable one application, the application which consumes the disabled application will be impacted. Will not be working properly. So if your application is stand-alone, not exposed to use as a dependency then you can easily able to disable it

Afaik this is not true. Consumed modules will have their DLLs stored locally with the consumer, so disabling an Application does not impact any consumers of that Application.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Vincent Koning wrote:

No, because all apps together are a single website as far as IIS is concerned.

Ah. nice to know. We are using the SaaS solution so I have never been able to look at the internal workings of OutSystems. 

I understand. We have an on-premise installation, and have had to deal with IIS itself on occasion, so that's why I know :).