I'm trying to avoid circular references in our web app, but we are also trying to make it modular.   I have a module that shows case activity, one for dashboard information and a third module that allows users to create and download reports.

When the user signs in I want all of these modules to appear as one singular web application, having a menu that allows them to navigate between all 3 modules without them knowing that there is any difference.  

I believe the proper way to do this would be to design the navigation menu  using a destination of ExternalURL... but I'm not sure how I determine what that URL would be.   I don't want to hard code the URL for our Dev environment for each of the menu items as that would be a real headache every time we migrate between Dev/Test/Prod.   Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Solution

Use this fuction, it returns a string with the correct url destination 

Solution

Domingues wrote:

Use this fuction, it returns a string with the correct url destination 

Okay and if I'm trying to navigate to a page that isn't the entryURL how would I go about that?

For example, my case module has 4 pages but obviously only one of those is the entry module.   The others are supporting pages that the users would navigate through depending on their needs.

Hey Josh,

The EntryName in GetEntryURL is the name of the page in the eSpace, any page.  It does not have to be the entry page.

e.g. GetEntryURL("AboutUs", eSpaceName: "Company") would return /Company/AboutUs.aspx regardless of if AboutUs were an entry page or not.

Disregard, I found a nice tutorial on how to accomplish this.

Thank you

Hey Josh,

For the sake of anyone who comes across this in the future, would you mind adding a link to what solved the problem for you?

Thank you

Thank you!