[Settings Plugin] Plugin Error iOS

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2017-02-09 by Wouter Baeten
2 votes
Published on 2017-02-09 by Wouter Baeten

Got error "Settings plugin not available" on iOS 12

Can you throw a sample how to navigate to app Notification settings Page.

-Thanks In Advance,

Ramesh.

Hello Ramesh,

How are you testing the plugin?
And did you created a new package and installed it in the device after adding the plugin to the application?

Cheers.

Solution

Hi Ramesh,

Do verify from below steps:

1- Verify you have been added the Plugin to the Project [Check Dependencies]

2- Make Sure you have been created a New Build after adding the respective Plugin

3- Remember you should not test the same on any Browser, as of any Cordova plugin will only work on Device itself.

4- If you are clear on 1,2 & 3 above, then do Notice the Plugin only works for Android and iOS 8 and 9 as mentioned in the description.

Hope it helps :)

-Assif

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Ramesh,

How are you testing the plugin?
And did you created a new package and installed it in the device after adding the plugin to the application?

Cheers.

Hello Eduardo Jauch,

Thanks for the reply,

I have created new build, instead of going to Notification page its Navigating to settings page

I am using "notification_id", Can you suggest how can I open Notification settings page in iOS.

Thanks

Hello Ramesh,

Never used this plugin, but if it is navigating for the Notifications SETTINGS page, it is doing what is expected. Notice that the plugin is compatible with iOS up to version 10 (accordingly to the Cordova plugin page).

So, it is possible that changes introduced in iOS in later versions will make the plugin work in unpredictable ways. But this is just a guess.

Cheers.

P.S. If you solved the error (your initial post) following our advice, mark one of the answers as the solution. Eventually, for your other question, open a new thread as this is a different question.