We are trying to build a user configurable rules/validation engine in outsystems. There's a set of validations(60+) which need to happen based on an action. Also the validations can change frequently(on weekly basis). What we are trying to build is a solution where the validations could be changed by user through a web UI and the next time engine is triggered , it should use the new set of validations. If by any chance if anyone has implemented or came across any such use case please let me know. Any pointers would be helpful.

Hi Tushar ,

We did the similar implementation and coincidentally  we also called as rules engine. We have had around 20 predefined rules which we were allowing user to on\off from the UI.

On user selection we were creating a xml with what all rules\parameter he selected and while performing the operation we were referring that xml to run rules over it.

Regards,

-PJ-

PRAMOD JAIN wrote:

Hi Tushar ,

We did the similar implementation and coincidentally  we also called as rules engine. We have had around 20 predefined rules which we were allowing user to on\off from the UI.

On user selection we were creating a xml with what all rules\parameter he selected and while performing the operation we were referring that xml to run rules over it.

Regards,

-PJ-

Thanks for the info Pramod. By any chance did you guys also explore an option to add new rules on the go ? Adding new rules dynamically through UI is the thing we are finding hard to implement. 

Hi Tushar ,

Can you please explain me what kind of rules you can add dynamically ? Just an idea what do you have in your rules.

I can help you out once i understand it .

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Tushar,

Dunno what kind of rules you want to implement but basically you would need to create an evaluator for those rules. You can check this component that evaluate mathematical expressions for an example.

Regards,

Marcelo