Hi,

I have a defined structure with around 40 columns and I am looking to create a table which has each of these columns as a column in the table. The only way I can seem to make this work is to manually drag and drop each entry in the structure into the table one by one. Is there a way to automatically make a 40 column wide table with all of the appropriate columns..

Thanks

Hi Michael,

Have you tried dragging the "root" structure object? It worked for me.

Hi,

What you can do is create the table, then select all the fields in your structure, drag and drop to the created table. This will work for you.

I hope to help.

Hi Jay and Bernardo,

Thank you for your help so far, I have tried both of your suggestions:

Jay Santos wrote:

Hi Michael,

Have you tried dragging the "root" structure object? It worked for me.

When dragging the root structure, only 4 columns out of 40 get copied for some reason. I go into the data tab, then go to structures, and go to the structure (a 3 by 3 grid of green boxes) and drag that into the table.

Bernardo Condé wrote:

Hi,

What you can do is create the table, then select all the fields in your structure, drag and drop to the created table. This will work for you.

I hope to help.

When attempting to do this I get the red circle with the slash through it and nothing happens when I let go of the mouse. I've shown how i've been doing it below. I have tried doing this in an empty table as well as a table I've prepopulated with empty cells to test.

Thanks

Try to first associate the table with its structure, in this case, with its structure list, and then drag it there. Drag its structure, not the list variable that you linked to the table.

Has anyone solved this issue?  I'm running into it right now.  I've tried both of the suggestions above and neither are working for me, and I'd prefer not to manually add all of the extra columns I need.

Michael Luoma wrote:

Has anyone solved this issue?  I'm running into it right now.  I've tried both of the suggestions above and neither are working for me, and I'd prefer not to manually add all of the extra columns I need.

Based on this documentation...
https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Use_Data/Query_Data/Fetch_and_Display_Data_from_the_Database

.. replicating Conde's method and my own tests with creating a dummy entity and letting the Wizard create a table, Outsystems always creates four columns containing the first four attributes of a Table or Structure.

Repeatedly dropping the Entity or the Structure into the same Table always creates those four columns then I remapped the contents of the header and column widgets to the correct Entity or Structure attribute before dropping the Entity or Structure again into the table. Rinse and repeat until you get all 40 attributes in the table.