Scenario for preselection : Any idea ?

Hello, 

I am looking for any help / solution on my problem. I am working on a tool for my factory in order to help the test phase of our products. The tool contains a list of tests that need to be executed to validate the production. Before the test phase, a user needs to select which tests are needed or not

Is it possible to create scenarios of selected tests for checklist in order to accelerate the selection phase ? Can you help me on how to do this ? 

In my application, I have : 

- an entity called StandardTest with Id, Name, Description

- an entity called Project with Id, Name

- an entity called Test with Id, ProjectId, StandardTestId, Result

During the Selection Phase, the user is selecting the tests from the StandardTest List, which is creating a new row in the entity Test

I hope you can understand my problem, feel free to ask details if needed

Hello Guillaume,

If I understood correctly you want to create "Test Templates" of sorts, with pre-defined tests that users can select and edit if needed?

The way I interpreted is that you want a group of check boxes which are populated from StandardTest entity and based on user selection, it should be stored in Test entity, is it correct?

Yes it is exactly something like that. Let's say that for example : 

I have a list of tests with a checkbox on each row. The checkbox it ticked if the test is already selected. And by unticking, the user unselect it. 

I would like to know if it is possible to auto-populate this list of checkboxes with a predefined scenario but I don't know how to make it. It should be something like an attribute of the scenario entity, containing a list of IDs or something like that ...

Or in the contrary, store in the standard test entity, a list of optional scenarios

Should I make something like a many-to-many relation ? Like a TestToScenario entity containing Scenario Id and Standard Test Id ? 

"Should I make something like a many-to-many relation ? Like a TestToScenario entity containing Scenario Id and Standard Test Id ? "

I would suggest that, and also a scenario entity where you could add additional info like a description, for instance.

I had similar kind of scenario recently and what I did was:

I created a webblock which has a checkbox for each entry to display.

Webblock repeats for the number of times as entry (so it displays all records)

Upon checking, I record the selection into local list variable

Once submitted, I was saving all selection into relevant entity