Front End Server and ISAPI Filter

Hi,

After installing the Platform Server and adding a Front End Server, I'm trying to install the ISAPI Filter for the SEO Friendly URLs.

The installation goes well on the Controller, but on the Front End I keep getting warnings in Event Viewer:

"Rules data obtained from Service Center is invalid. Previous ruleset maintained in Filter."

After some investigation, it seems that the filter is trying to call a Service Center URL "/ServiceCenter/OsISAPIConf.aspx", but ServiceCenter does not exist on the Front End.

Did I do something wrong?

I'm running Windows Server 2016.

Hi Miguel,

I'd advise you to (also) contact OutSystems Support for this.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Not sure if this is an option, but you could make Service Center available on the front-end server and restrict access to it using the Internal Network setting, in the OutSystems Configuration Tool, or Service Center's Network Security, depending on your platform version.

João Pedro Abreu wrote:

Not sure if this is an option, but you could make Service Center available on the front-end server and restrict access to it using the Internal Network setting, in the OutSystems Configuration Tool, or Service Center's Network Security, depending on your platform version.

Should Service Center be available on all Front End servers? If so, how do I deploy it there?

Thanks.

Solution

Miguel Duarte wrote:

Should Service Center be available on all Front End servers? If so, how do I deploy it there?

Security-wise, it would be better not to have it on public facing front-end servers, but I'm guessing it's required for the ISAPI filter.

About deploying it, I believe that's the default option. If it's not being deployed, probably someone configured some zones on your server and left Service Center out of the public zone.

Solution

Miguel Duarte wrote:

João Pedro Abreu wrote:

Thanks.

Yes it is required to be on all frontends. You can't zone it and it is supposed to be deployed automatically when you join a frontend. If you already tried restarting services, checking network permissions (if you have any sort of isolation) etc perhaps you may want to open a support ticket.

Arley Silveira wrote:

Miguel Duarte wrote:

João Pedro Abreu wrote:

Thanks.

Yes it is required to be on all frontends. You can't zone it and it is supposed to be deployed automatically when you join a frontend. If you already tried restarting services, checking network permissions (if you have any sort of isolation) etc perhaps you may want to open a support ticket.

Actualy it seems you can zone it. That's how I got it to work.
It's just a shame that you need to have ServiceCenter on Internet facing Front Ends.