Error Processing Request when trying to open the Solution

Did any of you tried opening a solution from the service center but is encountering this error message "Error processing the solution"? I cheched the error log it says  "Request Timeout".  I tried restaring the services and network but to no avail. Was this error related to memory usage or network? 

Hi Amelie,

Is that a big solution? And is your infrastructure in the cloud?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Amelie,

Is that a big solution? And is your infrastructure in the cloud?

yes big solution. it's a loans origination system. it does not reside on cloud.  it is running on a physical server. 

Hi Amelie,

In that case it could be it's just too big. Can you try to create a smaller solution, with just a few Modules, and see if that works? If it does, you'll need to split the big solution into smaller ones.

If I'm not mistaken, that error just means the request timed out before the server could reply.

If you really need to open that solution, you can try to increase the HTTP request timeout for that server (there's a great article from OutSystems about that). Beware that is a general setting, so it will also affect other requests, but if that's something you really need to do, it's a valid option.

You can also try to use an undocumented Service Center API to create, download or publish a solution. You can find the service definition in https://<yourserveraddress>/ServiceCenter/Solutions.asmx.