Hello, my problem is that I put and ID for each element of my app. But when i export it and want to get the locartors with appium just in Android appears to me the ID that I wrote in my code but in iOS it shows me another ID and so different. 

Here is the example:

Android: In yellow you can see the Button and the Id (that is the ID that I put in the code before to export) 

iOS: Here is the same app exported for iOS and as you can see the ID Button_Continue_UserAuth is different and shows me B6000000-0000-0000-3C02-0000.... 

I want to know if that is normal or what I need to do to have the same ID in both applications. Or if i can choose another attribute to indicate to my app that is going to have a unique value and i can use the same for automate my app.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Maybe you can back up a bit and explain what you're trying to accomplish here?

When you say "export" what do you mean? Are you building the app using the Mobile App Build Service and then opening the app package using a third party tool?

G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

When you say "export" what do you mean? Are you building the app using the Mobile App Build Service and then opening the app package using a third party tool?

yes, I am using the Mobile App Build Service to have my app in both SO. And using Appium to get the locators and create and automation. But what I want to know is if When i use the Build service this change the ID o attributes of my app to build it..

G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

I can add a bit of context, this was a Mobile App created with Outsystem in version 11 and deployed to Android and IOs. 

when trying to create the scripts for the auto testing in the tool, we found that the Ids collected in IOs and in Android are not the same. In service studio we the "Name" is always field in and we even add "data-item" in the attributes but we couldn't find a match between both Android and IOs. 

how can we get change OS attributes to get a common value between IOs and Android, or if there's any parameter that should be configured in Appium to load the "data-item" attribute.

thanks