An exception occurred in the client script. Error: Cannot set property...

I have to say that sometimes the exception error reporting has a lot to be desired:

"An exception occurred in the client script. Error: Cannot set property 'elementsToValidate' of null"

Could someone explain what has happened here and try to point me in the right direction to solving this.

Regards,

Chris.

Hello Christopher,

This is a browser error related to a NULL object that was being used.
Without knowing what are you doing, and how are your page and code, will be almost impossible to help you.

Cheers.

Solution

That's an error executing JavaScript, apparently in some sort of form validation. Maybe you have some validation implemented that's referring to an element that's not present in the page.

Solution

Thank you.  I seem to have sorted it out.    I still find the exception messages hard to understand!!!

Hi Christopher,

They are hard to understand, even for people that have a lot of experience.
We end up being used to them, but they can be hard to understand the first time.

By the way, what was the cause of the error? :)

Cheers.

Not entirely sure.  I am doing a lot of work with anonymous users adding data to a form and then that same user coming back to add more data to the existing form  It was something to do with a validation but have not had it happen again.  Thank you for your time, much appreciated.

Regards,

Chris.