SAP connector libraries - installation status

How do I know if the SAP connector libraries are installed on my (cloud) instance?

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

How do I know if the SAP connector libraries are installed on my (cloud) instance?

you have to contact with outsystems support team.

I did ask to Outsystems support initially, after waiting for 2 days they came back asking unrelated questions insteady of answering whether SAP connector is on the platform or not.

• Screenshots of the errors you are receiving;
  • Could you let us know what impact this is having in your work? Is it completely blocking any users?

Arkyadeep Bharadwaj wrote:

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

you have to contact with outsystems support team.

Hi

i did not receive any error.in our on premises environment sap connector is working fine.you need SAP license account.we have done the configuration for our on premises server.please follow the below steps

To install it, please do follow these instructions:

1 - 

Install SAP Connector Libraries:
  • Download the SAP Connector for Microsoft.NET 3.0.x for Windows 64bit (Compiled with .NET Framework 4.0) from SAP Service Marketplace.
  • Install the Connector, remember the installation directory. When asked about installing assemblies to GAC, choose "None".
  • From the Connector installation directory copy the sapnco.dll and sapnco_utils.dll files to the \thirdparty\lib\ directory in the Platform Server installation directory (e.g.: C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\thirdparty\lib\)
  • From the Connector installation directory copy the libicudecnumber.dll and rscp4n.dll to the %WINDIR%\system32\ directory
NOTE
  • This step is only required if you are going to integrate OutSystems Platform with your SAP.
  • If this step is done later, after you have installed the Platform, you must repeat the mandatory steps below.

2 - Open the configuration tool and:

Click the Apply and Exit button on the Configuration Tool.
  • Answer Yes if a popup shows up asking to start the OutSystems Scheduler Service and the OutSystems SMS Connector Service.
  • Answer No if a popup shows up asking to start the OutSystems Scheduler Service and the OutSystems SMS Connector Service.
  • A popup will be shown asking you to run the Service Center installation. Accept by clicking Yes.

3 - If the license was altered recently:

Upload your license:
  • Log in to Service Center using your administrator credentials (https://<yourserver>/ServiceCenter)
  • Go to the licensing screen (Administration -> Licensing)
  • Click Upload New License and select the .lic file you got from the OutSystems Network
  • If you don't have a license file, click the Request New License and follow the instructions

4 - Republish  Systems components:

Install System Components:

System Components should only be installed once per environment. In a Farm installation, any Front-End server can be used to perform this operation.

• Log in to Service Center using your administrator credentials (https://<yourserver>/ServiceCenter)
  • Go to the solutions screen (Factory -> Solutions)
  • Click Upload and Publish a Solution and select the System_Components.osp file in the Platform Server installation directory (e.g.: C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\)
  • Click 1-Click Publish, or Prepare Publish if you have 2-Stage deployment active.
NOTE: After the solution is published, it is advisable to run the Users application (https://<yourserver>/Users), log in as administrator (username and password are admin), and change the default password.

5 - Registration in SAP System Landscape Directory

Registration in SAP System Landscape Directory:
  • Install SAP SLD Registration. You can download it here.
  • Log in to https://<yourserver>/SAP_SLD_Registration using your administrator credentials.
  • Fill in your own SAP SLD Details and press the Register button.
NOTE: This step is only required if you are going to integrate OutSystems Platform with your SAP.

Please do make sure that you test this in your Development environment since this feature is not available for your license in your Production environment.

i will wait for your feedback.

Hi

i did not receive any error.in our on premises environment sap connector is working fine.you need SAP license account.we have done the configuration for our on premises server.please follow the below steps

To install it, please do follow these instructions:

1 - 

Install SAP Connector Libraries:
  • Download the SAP Connector for Microsoft.NET 3.0.x for Windows 64bit (Compiled with .NET Framework 4.0) from SAP Service Marketplace.
  • Install the Connector, remember the installation directory. When asked about installing assemblies to GAC, choose "None".
  • From the Connector installation directory copy the sapnco.dll and sapnco_utils.dll files to the \thirdparty\lib\ directory in the Platform Server installation directory (e.g.: C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\thirdparty\lib\)
  • From the Connector installation directory copy the libicudecnumber.dll and rscp4n.dll to the %WINDIR%\system32\ directory
NOTE
  • This step is only required if you are going to integrate OutSystems Platform with your SAP.
  • If this step is done later, after you have installed the Platform, you must repeat the mandatory steps below.

2 - Open the configuration tool and:

Click the Apply and Exit button on the Configuration Tool.
  • Answer Yes if a popup shows up asking to start the OutSystems Scheduler Service and the OutSystems SMS Connector Service.
  • Answer No if a popup shows up asking to start the OutSystems Scheduler Service and the OutSystems SMS Connector Service.
  • A popup will be shown asking you to run the Service Center installation. Accept by clicking Yes.

3 - If the license was altered recently:

Upload your license:
  • Go to the licensing screen (Administration -> Licensing)
  • Click Upload New License and select the .lic file you got from the OutSystems Network
  • If you don't have a license file, click the Request New License and follow the instructions

4 - Republish  Systems components:

Install System Components:

System Components should only be installed once per environment. In a Farm installation, any Front-End server can be used to perform this operation.

• Go to the solutions screen (Factory -> Solutions)
  • Click Upload and Publish a Solution and select the System_Components.osp file in the Platform Server installation directory (e.g.: C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\)
  • Click 1-Click Publish, or Prepare Publish if you have 2-Stage deployment active.
NOTE: After the solution is published, it is advisable to run the Users application (https://<yourserver>/Users), log in as administrator (username and password are admin), and change the default password.

5 - Registration in SAP System Landscape Directory

Registration in SAP System Landscape Directory:
  • Install SAP SLD Registration. You can download it here.
  • Log in to https://<yourserver>/SAP_SLD_Registration using your administrator credentials.
  • Fill in your own SAP SLD Details and press the Register button.
NOTE: This step is only required if you are going to integrate OutSystems Platform with your SAP.

Please do make sure that you test this in your Development environment since this feature is not available for your license in your Production environment.

i will wait for your feedback.

These are the steps for on-prem installation. What am I looking for is knowing the status. So that on cloud environment we know whether SAP connection libraries are there. We are facing the issue while connecting to SAP from cloud environment.

SAP for cloud env we contacted with outsystem support and we got solutions from them.

i thing for Cloud env sap connector is already there.but i am not sure.

I'm also under same impression that cloud environment shoud come with SAP connectors by default, but we are facing connection issue on all our cloud environments.

what issue you are getting.is it possible to share the error screen shot or error log

The error was basically because of Network connection. SAP is installed and open only for Internal network. It was not allowing the connection from public network.

Solution

... And to answer the question, yes the SAP libraries were installed on cloud instance :)

Solution

SAP for cloud env we contacted with outsystem support and we got solutions from them.

Thanks Arkyadeep for diving in the issue.