Hi,

In Room Detail Screen i am trying to delete amenities but there is some issue please guide for same.

in booking detail screen while editing existing booking 3 buttons are added check-in,check-out and cancel i have to implement action server to change status, i am not getting exactly what to do can you please Suggest me to complete this assignment.

please find attached (OML)

Hi Prajakta,

What exactly are you not understanding?

You are asked to create a Server Action to change the status of the booking, and use it when pressing the buttons (CheckIn, CheckOut and Cancel).

So,

1. Create the Server Action that will receive the required inputs (like the Booking Id and the status you want to apply) and fill in the logic to change the status of the booking in the database.

2. On each button, as you can't call a Server Action from the screen, call Screen Actions and from the Screen Actions, you call the Server Action, passing the correct input parameters. 

If you like, you can use a single Screen Action with an input parameter for the status identifier and call the Server Action using it. Then on each button, you define the value for this input parameter when calling the Screen Action.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Prajakta,

What exactly are you not understanding?

You are asked to create a Server Action to change the status of the booking, and use it when pressing the buttons (CheckIn, CheckOut and Cancel).

So,

1. Create the Server Action that will receive the required inputs (like the Booking Id and the status you want to apply) and fill in the logic to change the status of the booking in the database.

2. On each button, as you can't call a Server Action from the screen, call Screen Actions and from the Screen Actions, you call the Server Action, passing the correct input parameters. 

If you like, you can use a single Screen Action with an input parameter for the status identifier and call the Server Action using it. Then on each button, you define the value for this input parameter when calling the Screen Action.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Hi,

I am trying to delete amenities from room detail screen but its not reflecting is there some thing wrong i m performing with,

In 6th Ass i created new screen for confirming check out issue is with first part in booking detail screen i added 3 buttons but what with get available room button and book room button.

i want to calculate nights in checkout detail screen, i have to use SQL query?

Hi Prajakta

These are a lot of unrelated questions for different parts of the exercise.

The idea of the Booking assignment (not available anymore online, I think), is for you to practice what you've learned on the training (I'm assuming you did the training, right?).

As so, it is designed in a way that you should be able to implement it without problems. The most difficult parts are stated and you get even the SQL to be used in the SQL Tool to fetch the available room.

But it expects you to be able to implement what is being asked.
If you are not able, you need to revisit the concepts that you are misunderstanding and feel free to ask about them directly, but asking about the exercise itself will not help you on your learning process.

So, go back to the presentations to review how Server Actions are created and can be used, how to update records in tables, what happens when you click on a row in a table/list records, etc.
If you don't understand something about these concepts, you can create new posts here in the forum asking about it.

But you will be ready to use OutSystems only when you are able to do this exercise without needing help on so many things.

Hope you understand.

Cheers.