Location Tracking Mobile App | Outsystems

Greetings Folks,

I want to develop a web & Mobile application that will be used for location tracking.

1- Any idea or component how I can Integrate Outsystem Mobile App with Firebase RealTime DB as of I 'l using Firebase for Tracking & further work.

2- Can I track location in the background, even when the application is closed.

I find this component: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-discussions/1623/Background+Location+Plugin

But not sure whether it will work.

Thanks in Advance,

Assif

HI Assif,

If you have questions on a specific component, then the best place to ask is on that component.  People have absolutely created applications that use background running locations.  Whether they used that component, a different one, or created one themselves I can't answer.

There are multiple firebase components in the forge, there are sample applications showing how they are used. and here is a video showing info around firebase and notifications for mobile. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygbu3AITS4k&list=PLxALhSwsaivzPV_Am5gDUdRFHXBEXeO3n&index=28&t=110s

Thanks Stacey Levine,

If you have questions on a specific component, then the best place to ask is on that component. 

- This is not specific to any Forge Component, despite a general discussion on which I would like to get a perfect approach by folks here.

People have absolutely created applications that use background running locations.  Whether they used that component, a different one, or created one themselves I can't answer.

- Yep I too mentioned in post & I although explored some components like :

LocationPlugin & BackgroundLocationPlugin

There are multiple firebase components in the forge, there are sample applications showing how they are used. and here is a video showing info around firebase and notifications for mobile. 

- There are approx 6 components or more than that for Firebase, there's no approach to use this component for Location Tracking.

Although the Firebase is a package of multiple services & features under one roof & we have to create a single project to use all this. But here with Outsystems, every Forge Component is specific to particular service like Push Notifications but not Location Tracking which requires RealtimeDatbase Modules.

Hope this clarifies my question more :) 
Will be waiting for your reply.
Do correct me If I am wrong :)

Kindly