In creating a data entry screen. Should i create a separate data screen for offline and online ? 

Hello Ariel,

Can you give a little bit more information on what you are trying to accomplish?  I assume this is for mobile?

You can have separate screens if that is what you are trying to accomplish.  In the intro course to mobile development (https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/115/developing-mobile-apps-outsystems-11/?LearningPathId=1) it will take you through how to build 1 screen that leverages a local table with sync capabilities.

Hi craig, yes it's for mobile. I am creating a data entry of all my expenses and sales. I want to be able to used it even if i am not connected to the internet. I will save it to my local database and update my online database once on line. Anyways thanks for the reply. I need to create a separate screen for online and offline and call the screen i needed based on my internet status. Just need to research how do i check my internet status. 

Hi Ariel,

OutSystems has widgets to detect network status.

I also suggest you watch mobile development materials first as Craig mentioned above. You don't need to create separated screens for online/offline scenarios. Also I don't recommend it because of the development time and maintenance aspect.

With best regards,
F.Karatay

Hi Ariel,

Why would you want to create two different screens for the online/offline scenario? The whole idea is that you always store the data locally, and sync it when online.

Ferhat Karatay wrote:

Hi Ariel,

OutSystems has widgets to detect network status.

I also suggest you watch mobile development materials first as Craig mentioned above. You don't need to create separated screens for online/offline scenarios. Also I don't recommend it because of the development time and maintenance aspect.

With best regards,
F.Karatay

Thanks Karatay for the reply. Yes getnetworkstatus. I am actually been watching the development material but got so excited creating my small project. I also believe that the screen for offline and online should be the same. I just thought it's not possible. And its tedious considering the they serve the same purpose. Anyway, thanks for the idea. I will work on it. 

Note: I ask this this question because i am trying to create a table for my local database with the same name from my online database. And it is not allowed.