SSL Certificate for the OutSystems platform

Good morning, which SSL certificate do you indicate to install on Outsystems servers? I am in doubt which to choose

Hello Daianne,

What do you mean by "which SSL certificate"?  Do you mean you wish to install your company's SSL certificate to allow you to access internal services that are over https, or do you mean you wish to install a certificate to allow your users to access your application over https?

Craig St.Jean wrote:

Hello Daianne,

What do you mean by "which SSL certificate"?  Do you mean you wish to install your company's SSL certificate to allow you to access internal services that are over https, or do you mean you wish to install a certificate to allow your users to access your application over https?

Hello Craig That's it. Now I need an indication for this functionality.


I'm sorry, but which one is it?  I gave 2 options.

Craig St.Jean wrote:

I'm sorry, but which one is it?  I gave 2 options.

install a certificate to allow your users to access your application over https.

Hey Daianne,

This page shows exactly what is needed to install a certificate if you are using OutSystems Cloud: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Installation/Enable_Custom_SSL_Domain_In_OutSystems_PaaS

And this page shows for On-Premise: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Installation/How_to_install_an_SSL_Certificate_for_the_OutSystems_platform

Have you gone through those?  What do you mean by "which to choose" in your original question?

Craig St.Jean wrote:

Hey Daianne,

This page shows exactly what is needed to install a certificate if you are using OutSystems Cloud: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Installation/Enable_Custom_SSL_Domain_In_OutSystems_PaaS

And this page shows for On-Premise: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Installation/How_to_install_an_SSL_Certificate_for_the_OutSystems_platform

Have you gone through those?  What do you mean by "which to choose" in your original question?

Hi Craig, thanks for the on-premise link, Can't I install a self-signed certificate on the server? I tried installing self-signed cert, but it doesn't seem to work.


Solution

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

Craig St.Jean wrote:

Hey Daianne,

This page shows exactly what is needed to install a certificate if you are using OutSystems Cloud: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Installation/Enable_Custom_SSL_Domain_In_OutSystems_PaaS

And this page shows for On-Premise: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Installation/How_to_install_an_SSL_Certificate_for_the_OutSystems_platform

Have you gone through those?  What do you mean by "which to choose" in your original question?

Hi Craig, thanks for the on-premise link, Can't I install a self-signed certificate on the server? I tried installing self-signed cert, but it doesn't seem to work.



I got the answer, Both self-signed and trusted root CA should work. Following are the links for SSL installation articles:

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Installation/Install_a_trusted_root_CA__or_self-signed_certificate

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Installation/How_to_install_an_SSL_Certificate_for_the_OutSystems_platform

Solution