Comments
Solved
[Azure Cognitive Services Connector] Why is this implemented as a mobile app
Question
azure-cognitive-services-connector
Mobile icon
Forge component by Miguel Ventura

Hi,

Is there any particular reason why this component is implemented as a mobile app?

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Hi Daniel: honestly - no. :) When I worked on what became Version 2.0, it was already a mobile component and changing it would have required creating a new component, which I didn't want to do. Version 1 being mobile was probably unintentional. With P11 now, this could really be a Service Module, I think.

Hi Andy,

I believe nowadays Forge changes the asset type according to the Application Kind of the most recently uploaded version.

i.e.: if we change this application from Mobile to Service, and then upload the modified OAP to Forge, the component will change from Mobile to Service.

I always thought that having this connector as a Mobile asset is a bit strange ... also thinking that some users might have missed this connector entirely because they filtered for Service components ... should we do that and fix its type?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.