Hi everyone,

I am building an app that require an Excel file as input file with an upload widget.

I wanted to know if it was possible to directly edit the content of the input file or do i have to clone it/create a new one with the same data + the new data i want to integrate in it ? 

Thanks in advance !

Lucas

Can you explain better what do you mean by "edit the content of the input file".

you can load the data in the excel to a variable a load that variable in the screen. But i dont know if that is what you are looking for.

Carlos Diogo Lima Gonçalves wrote:

Can you explain better what do you mean by "edit the content of the input file".

you can load the data in the excel to a variable a load that variable in the screen. But i dont know if that is what you are looking for.

The user of the app has to attach a file using the upload widget and then click on a button that will insert data in the file.

But i want to interact directly with the file attached by the user instead of creating a new workbook and inserting the data in this new workbook and downloading it

if you are using eppplus extension if i remember correctly there is an option that you can pass a workbook to the worksheet.

Normaly you would call the new workbook function and then pass that parameter i am not sure if you can pass the content of the uploaded file.

Carlos Diogo Lima Gonçalves wrote:

if you are using eppplus extension if i remember correctly there is an option that you can pass a workbook to the worksheet.

Normaly you would call the new workbook function and then pass that parameter i am not sure if you can pass the content of the uploaded file.

I am using "Advanced Excel"

Maybe the correct word describing what i want is : UPDATE the given Excel file