Phone call from a mobile app

Hello,

I am building a mobile app. I want to have a button that the user clicks. When the user clicks the button the app must initiate a phone call from the device to a number that I give it to dial. 

Can anyone let me know how to do this? Is there a forge component that I can use to initiate the call on the device?

Thanks so much!

Solution

Hi Time Toep,

You should be able to use links/buttons with a destination of "tel:123456789" (where 123456789 would be the phone number you want to call... remember to use international dialling codes). It will open a popup asking if you want to call that number.

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Time Toep,

You should be able to use links/buttons with a destination of "tel:123456789" (where 123456789 would be the phone number you want to call... remember to use international dialling codes). It will open a popup asking if you want to call that number.

Problem solved! Thanks so much!

Hi Jorge,

I choose LinkTo option and enter the destination as "tel:+91-123456789"  ,but it is not allowing me to have the destination like this. The OK button is not enabled.

Hi Irfan,

You should define the destination to the RedirectToURL and put the "tel:+91-123456789" as the URL parameter.

Regards

Fabio

Thanks Fabio for swift reply.