How to config timezone in personal environtment?

Hi all,

As mention above, is there anyway to config timezone, see default setting timezone in personal environment?. I try to find timezone setting in servicecenter but can't see it anywhere.

Beside, I use timer to send mail daily at 9:00 but I don't know 9:00 is my local time or server time.

Thank you,

Hi Huy Nguyen,

As per my believe , the default server time is in GMT. So if your application is for a particular location(particular time zone ) then in that case you need to get the offset value for you local zone for example

India Standard Time is 5.5 hours (5 hours 30 minutes) ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+5.5 hours).

so based on your time zone you need to calculate the time when you want to run the timer.

[This solution only works for 1 time zone.]

Solution

Hi Huy, 

You can't change the timezone from cloud servers. This article explain it: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/OutSystems_Cloud_and_time_zones

So, when setting your timers, you need to take this into consideration. The article point some ways of dealing with the difference in timezones. 

Cheers. 

Solution

Hi Pranav Pandey, Eduardo Jauch,

Thank for your help!

Huy