How to use Ajax Refresh before Widget_Click to Open a Popup Link inside Table Record

Hi guys,

I hit a problem and need your suggestion about this.

So I use a combo box inside a Table Record to select an ID of an entity (Status), and inside the OnChange of this combo box I use "Widget Click" action to open a pop up.

The selected new value should be passed to this popup but meanwhile, it's not passed at all.

I have tried to use Ajax Refresh for the link of this pop up, but it's not working.

I also have tried the solution from this post (to put a class and run javascript), but it always take the last row of table (I suspect it's because every link in the row has the same class name >> I also tried to make it different by adding unique suffix but also not working).

Do you any idea how can I pass the new ID into the pop up?

Hopefully below image can help you.

Cheers,

Lady

Solution

Hi Lady,

Every time you refresh something in the screen, a new ID will be created.
It seems that in this case, you seem to be refreshing only the link. This means that the PopupEditor loses the bind to the element, because it is still pointing to the old ID.

Try to put the link AND the PopupEditor widget inside a container and refresh the container instead. This way the PopupEditor will be updated with the new ID.

Cheers.

Solution

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your prompt response.

It works perfectly.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Lady

Hi Lady, 

How are the value being passed to the input parameter in the link? 

Are you using the variable bound to the combo box? 

And the link is in every table line or outside the table? 

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Lady, 

How are the value being passed to the input parameter in the link? 

Are you using the variable bound to the combo box? 

And the link is in every table line or outside the table? 

Cheers

Hi Eduardo,

yes.

The input parameter is a variable bound to the combo box and the link is also in every table line.

Hi Lady, I'm not in front of a computer right now (couple of hours before that). As soon as I am, I'll send you an example of this. 

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Lady, I'm not in front of a computer right now (couple of hours before that). As soon as I am, I'll send you an example of this. 

Cheers

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks a lot.

I have followed your solution above and it works perfectly.

I have also marked your answer as the solution.

No need to provide me the example.

Cheers,

Lady

Ah! Sorry, didn't saw your answer. 

Nice it worked. :) 

Cheers