[Search and Autocomplete] Mobile behavior

Forge Component
(24)
Published on 24 Mar by leonardo.fernandes
24 votes
Published on 24 Mar by leonardo.fernandes

Hi, 

Is anyone experiencing troubles in selecting a value from the search list in mobile devices?

Thanks

Maria, this is a web component. Have you considered using Search & Autocomplete Mobile specifically for mobile? 

Hi Maria. Can you provide more details? What is happening when you try to select the value in mobile?

If you could provide a sample OML file reproducing the issue, that would help a lot.

Thanks.

Hi Leonardo!

What a great component you made! Very well documented, therefore very easy to implement, clean code. And of course, amazing output! Congratulations!!!

I might be experiencing the same issue Maria had, so I will detail a bit: when using the Web version on a mobile phone (I use Safari), I have 2 issues:

1. If I close the keyboard after inserting the search text, the results disappear (please check behavior on your demo site https://leonardofernandes.outsystemscloud.com/searchhelp). The reason to close the keyboard is to have screen space available to see the results

2. I'm forced to double tap on the text input (Search) to be able to insert a value (more specifically, to have the keyboard opened). This is not happening in your demo site, only in my web application.

The same web page works like a charm in the PC (Google Chrome). Any idea?

Regards, Olivier

Hi Leonardo! 

Are you able to help, regarding the issue this thread?

Regards, Olivier

Hi Olivier.

I have some plans for this component, but I'm very busy right now. I cannot promise you anything before November.

Meanwhile you would help if you could provide:

* A screenshot of the autocomplete with keyboard open. With this I will be able to know your screen resolution, and make sure my tests are addressing your problem.

* A sample OML that can reproduce your problem 2.

Thanks.

Hi Leonardo!

Thank you for your kind feedback. I will send the requested information asap.

Regards, Olivier