[Tellus] How can Tellus recongnize a cell in Data Grid?

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 23 Jul by Sadanobu Kodan
2 votes
Published on 23 Jul by Sadanobu Kodan

I feel Tellus has an advantage that we can write test script in OutSystems Service Studio. That makes our learning cost for testing tool lower than one of other testing tool.

So we would like to use Tellus but we are facing some problems. We tried to use Tellus to a screen made with Data Grid but we can not make Tellus recongnize a cell in Data Grid. We used Double Click Action and write the code like below in Element property and it does not seem to work.

ByCssSelector(".wj-row:nth-child(3) .wj-cell:nth-child(2)")

How can we achieve that? I'd really appreciate it if you give us a sample code to Data Grid Sample.

keisuke shoji wrote:

I feel Tellus has an advantage that we can write test script in OutSystems Service Studio. That makes our learning cost for testing tool lower than one of other testing tool.

So we would like to use Tellus but we are facing some problems. We tried to use Tellus to a screen made with Data Grid but we can not make Tellus recongnize a cell in Data Grid. We used Double Click Action and write the code like below in Element property and it does not seem to work.

ByCssSelector(".wj-row:nth-child(3) .wj-cell:nth-child(2)")

How can we achieve that? I'd really appreciate it if you give us a sample code to Data Grid Sample.

Hello Shoji-san,

May I try to write the selector as follows?

ByCssSelector(".wj-cells > .wj-row:nth-child(3) >.wj-cell:nth-child(2)")

If you want to validate CSS selectors, it is convenient to use the chrome extension "CSS Selector Tester".

Hi Kodan-san,

Thank you for the advice. I tried the selector you showed me but it did not work. In the following screenshot, No. 6 is Double Click event but it looks not to work.

In your environment, does the selector recognize the cell in Data Grid Sample? In that case, the cause might be the difference of server. Our browser in the server is IE 11 and it might not good for it.

Hi Shoji-san,

Yes, I also confirmed in IE, double click works.
I will attach my oml, so can you check if there is any difference with that?
Also, it seems that the Tellus is not the latest, so please update.

Kodan-san,

Thank you so much. We use version 3.0.4, so we need to update it. We don't have much time to do that now. We will try it after updating.