Launch to specific screen of OutSystem mobile app from native iOS and Android app

I'm new to Outsystems and we are stuck with a scenario where we want to launch a specific screen of Outsystems mobile application from our native iOS and Android app.

We have already added URL Schemes to Outsystems mobile app using corodova plugin. Also added LSApplicationQueriesSchemes to my native iOS app. Android app is still in development.

Outsystems app is launching from native iOS app, but we need launch it to a specific screen. We have a login page in Outsystems app, we need to bypass that.

I assumed the outsystems app must be working on URLs or deeplinking, but looks like its not the case. We got URL by using GetBookmarkableURL() but there is not any provision of adding any input parameter to it.

Can you guys help me out here?? Even a vague idea to achieve it will be helpful.

As per my understanding, you want to bypass the login screen on application open.

You can add the screen as destination on splash screen end on onload action which you want to navigate on application open.

Where for deeplinking in outsystems it should be as follows

Appidentifier/screenname

Regards,

Koushik

Thanks Koushik for your valuable suggestion. But we want both the flows in our application, the flow with login page and flow without login page. We have already implemented the login flow. Now we need to bypass the login page and directly land to the Homepage by passing the client id so that the Homepage will show data of the specific client. Can we get URL of the Homescreen where we can send client id?

Or is this possible by using the API on client action of Homepage?

Regards,

Rashmi Hatwar

You can call the page directly through url like this

https://host/applicationname /pagename?clientid=value

by passing this in the redirect url which will available on common flow

Koushik Prathi wrote:

You can call the page directly through url like this

https://host/applicationname /pagename?clientid=value

by passing this in the redirect url which will available on common flow

Thank you Koushik. I tried to open the homepage by using the url mentioned by you. Its still landing me to Login screen. But the good news is atleast I got the url of Homepage with client id.

Regards,

Rashmi Hatwar 

If the user session is not there then it will redirect to login page internally

Hi All,

My requirement is to launch my outsystems mobile app from ios Native app. So I want to know URLScheme of launching app from another app. I have checked below documentation but didn't get all the things, https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_Define_Mobile_App_Deep_Links

Can I get any example on deep linking or particular steps which we need to follow during deep linking.

Please help me with this.

Regards,

Rashmi Hatwar

Solution

Hi Rashmi,

appidentiifer://modulename/screenname set the value in this pattern to redirect url node

hope this will help you.

Regards,

Koushik

Solution

Koushik Prathi wrote:

Hi Rashmi,

appidentiifer://modulename/screenname set the value in this pattern to redirect url node

hope this will help you.

Regards,

Koushik

Thanks Koushik. It worked for me.

Regards,

Rashmi Hatwar

Good, if it is worked. Just mark it as solution ,this way you'll help others that may have the same doubt.