How to see the XML file generated by SOAP web service

I already implement an integration SOAP to consume a web services, but I want to make sure all fields are filled up because I cannot see some of them in the Web App third party when take a look every record.  I like to see the generated XML at the Outsystems platform, if is it possible?, before or after SOAP web service is consumed.

How can I see the generated XML file at the Outsystems platform?

Our platform version is 10.0.1009.0 on cloud.

Hi,

What do you mean when you talk about generated XML? Is it something you generate in your logic? You can write it to an Entity to keep a log of your transactions and for debugging.

Or do you mean the WSDL that's generated for your service? https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/SOAP/Expose_a_SOAP_Web_Service

The WSDL that's generated for the service.

Sorry, that's not what I meant, not WSDL.  

I filled all the input parameters to the consumed SOAP web service, some of those input data are Record List that will be converted to XSD arrays and I want to see XSD arrays somehow in the platform.  I understand what you mentioned using an Entity but it will be useful if I need to know which data I'm sending but I already know it and it is correct.  

I just need to know, if it is possible, after consumed web service to see somehow the outgoing data.  Is it possible after consuming the web services to see data?, or Is it out of the outsystems scope and it is part of my third party web services?

If you don't want to use an Entity to store your output, you can check this out:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/SOAP/Troubleshoot_SOAP_Web_Services

By increasing logging levels, the platform will store the Request and Response XML, and you can consult the results in the ServiceCenter logs.

Solution

Hi,

The logs that the platform provides aren't enough for you? you just need to change the log levels of the soap to get what you want. you have a quick guide on how to use the platform integrations logging here. the guide talk about rest but soap is the same thing.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Thank you Afonso!

No problem. The platform logs are useful for development, so long as you're aware of their limitations. You can't customise their content, and you'll need a ServiceCenter account for anyone that you want to have access to the logs. If you ever find yourself in a situation where these restrictions don't make sense, you'll have to roll your own solution with a logging Entity.