changing the value of "Server" response header

Hi

I am trying to assign empty value to "Server" HTTP header but unable to do so.

It is displaying as "Microsoft-IIS/8.5" at the moment but i want to hide the information for security reasons.

Is there any easy way to do this? I read it requires IIS /Registry changes. We don't have IIS access and i don't want to change registry as it might be risky.

I did the same for  

"X-Powered-By" and "X-AspNet-Version"  and they are ok  but "server" is displayed 2 times 1 with empty value and 1 with actual version information.

Please help.

Thank you

HI Lakshmi,

This information is added by IIS, not by OutSystems, so you should look at the IIS configuration. Do you have a cloud environment, or on-premise?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

HI Lakshmi,

This information is added by IIS, not by OutSystems, so you should look at the IIS configuration. Do you have a cloud environment, or on-premise?

Thanks for the quick response Kilian Hekhuis,

Unfortunately I don't have access to IIS or cloud but please let me know the solution so that I can explain the scenario to the people with access.

Thank you

I think people with access to IIS should be able to configure the necessary things if you explain them what you need :).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

I think people with access to IIS should be able to configure the necessary things if you explain them what you need :).

Thank you Kilian Hekhuis. Will let them know the issue then.