[Event System] Triggering events after the screen is loaded

Forge Component
(36)
Published on 11 Jun (6 days ago) by leonardo.fernandes
36 votes
Published on 11 Jun (6 days ago) by leonardo.fernandes

Hi,

I need to trigger some event client side. I tried to use the method suggested in the documentation:

<jQueryObject>.lfs().trigger(<event name>);

but it only reports an error: Object doesn't support property or method 'lfs'

I presume that the name is "LFS" (but lower case, of course).

What can I do wrong?

Finally it is to be triggered just after the screen is loaded ( $(document).ready(function()….) but when I try to do it using just a button the result is the same.

Regards

Tomasz

Can you try put the javascript code inside a javascript webblock in the end of the screen to see it's effect

you can find javascript wb in the webpaters or just use an expression that start with "<script>"+yourcode+"</script>" dont forget to use escape content.

Solution

Tomasz, the latest version of Event System is under restructuring and doesn't support client side events yet.

However, I left all of the code from the previous version, under Deprecated folders. If you reference the EventHandler web block from the Deprecated folder, you should still be able to use client side events. Your javascript code seems correct.

Solution

Hi Leonardo,

OK, this makes sense. Now I don't need this feature for my production solution - it was just a test of possibilities. I hope you will be quicker than me:-)

Thanks and regards

Tomasz