Error while configuring Platform database

Hi,

I'm trying to configure platform in standalone (for POC) and getting an error on Platform database. While configuring in the Platform tab, I'm mentioning the same domain user account for Admin & Runtime.

And when clicking "Grant Permissions", below error appears.

Should we use different domain accounts for Admin and Runtime?

Thanks,

Can we use the same account if running for POC and will it work? For actual scenario, for sure these need to be different.

Hi Khurram,

Not sure if it will work. IF (not sure) when you press the Grant permissions button it first gives permissions to the Administrator and then it gives permissions to the Runtime User those permissions may override the Administrator permissions and you end up with a user that does not have Administrator permissions...

But going back to the reason behind that decision... Why do you need them to be the same? Or, why can't they be different?

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

Actually creating these domain users is not under our control and we have to request infrastructure team which may take time. I was thinking to use same user to speed up the process if it works. If it won't work, then for sure I have to request to create these domain accounts.

Regards.

Hi Khurram,

Ok. I see.

But if you put a different name in the runtime user and click the Grant Permissions, it asks you for a sa password that you don't have? I'm asking this because the Grant Permissions button also creates the users...

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

I'm using windows authentication for DB. If I enters different name (not a valid domain account) and press Grant Permissions, getting an error "The login 'OSADMIN' is not valid on the local machine" or "The login 'OSRUNTIME' is not valid on the local machine" and it does not create a user.

So I believe we have to request creating these users on domain level.

Regards.

Hi Khurram,

Ok. I see.

So I guess you have to request for the creation of those users...

Cheers,

José