Hi , i have a table containing 900 rows of blob text which represent 900 rtf files. Now i know i can use the download component  to download the files , but i want to do bulk download of all the blob text files in rtf 's, now here is what i need help with, i am looking at get all the blob text file then convert text files to binary and zip the rtf files then download. so that i can extract the 900 files from the table zipped in rtf format, please can anyone share the workflow on how to achieve that. So far i have access to the table containing all the blob text, i have also created a a download button linked to a server action , now i am missing some steps in terms of the logic needed to query the table and convert text to binary then use the zip component to get files and zip all the converted rtf files into zip before downloading. Thanks

Hi,

You have outlined the general process. You just need to implement it. Your challenge is going to be where to put the files when you extract from the database (which is not a great way to store files fyi).  I would suggest creating something like an AWS S3 bucket, extract the files there and then do the zip

Stacey Levine wrote:

Hi,

You have outlined the general process. You just need to implement it. Your challenge is going to be where to put the files when you extract from the database (which is not a great way to store files fyi).  I would suggest creating something like an AWS S3 bucket, extract the files there and then do the zip

Thanks stacey , i have been having some issues in implementing the logic for the workflow, kind of rusty with the platform, can u please show me a very basic sample on how to  do the text to binary conversion and zipping the files . when i try i get empty zip files, any tips would go a long way . my main aim is to query db, convert to binary (rtf files)then zip the files and download. i would later convert the files with our in house tools and do an import later.

Can you post a sample oml with what you have tried?

Stacey Levine wrote:

Can you post a sample oml with what you have tried?

Attached is the oml .Thanks

Edit : oml is still processing when i upload it directly here , so i have attached it as a google drive upload. here is the link . 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1slki-Eyn3YoEf0CYS9eDI3z2KcL9T1Fk

Update the oml got  finally uploaded , you can disregard the link.Thanks