[BeaconsPlugin] Beacons plugin is not loaded

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2017-10-25 by Experts
3 votes
Published on 2017-10-25 by Experts

Hi,

I'm trying to develop an app using the BeaconPlugin, but I've been unsuccessful. Even though everything seems well configured while debugging, every time the plugin runs the  'CheckBeaconPlugin' function it returns 'Plugin not loaded'.

Any idea why?

Thank you in advance

Solution

Hello Giuliano,

Two ideas:

1. You are running the app from Chrome or from OutSystems NOW. In Chrome the plugins do not work. In OutSystems Now only a handful of plugins work, and I don't remember if this one specifically works.

2. If you are testing from the device, be sure that you created a new package and installed it again in the device. Update the app is not enough, as the plugin code is not transferred to the device this way.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Giuliano,

Two ideas:

1. You are running the app from Chrome or from OutSystems NOW. In Chrome the plugins do not work. In OutSystems Now only a handful of plugins work, and I don't remember if this one specifically works.

2. If you are testing from the device, be sure that you created a new package and installed it again in the device. Update the app is not enough, as the plugin code is not transferred to the device this way.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Sorry for the late response! 

The problem had to do with OutSystems Now. Even though Cordoba plugin worked, the estimote one didn´t. After generating a native app and testing it on an Android it worked fine.

Thank you Eduardo!