CSS formatting not being applied

I am trying to implement custom CSS onto my webpage. Currently, I have a webpage which contains a single web block which is inherited from another module, which contains all my form data. It looks like this on service studio:

 

However, when I open this page on a web screen, all the custom formatting disappears:



Any idea why this might be happening? I have applied the same style sheet to both the web page and the web block it inherits from and it still has no formatting.

Hi Jason,

Can you please attach the css you applied?

Thanks,

Chris

Christopher Bautista wrote:

Hi Jason,

Can you please attach the css you applied?

Thanks,

Chris



Hello just a couple of questions


Did you refresh your browser cach after change css?


Are you WebBlock css distinct from the base theme and screen css since in outssytems the css are loaded in the follow order  webblock > Theme > Screen So there is a change that you CSS are being overlapped


The file you send us is just common stylling did you replicate this in webblock or are this the styles you find on the screen?


BR

Hi Jason,

When you right click->inspect any of the elements in your browser, can you see the CSS that is supposed to be applied?

This is the Firefox UI but other browsers will be very similar. Whatever is crossed out is being overriden by another CSS statement. Something is most likely overriding your styles, and this will be the quickest way to see what is responsible.

Jason Zhao wrote:

Christopher Bautista wrote:

Hi Jason,

Can you please attach the css you applied?

Thanks,

Chris



Hey Jason,

Try to replace the double quotes with single.


Thanks,

Chris

Carlos Gonçalves wrote:

Hello just a couple of questions


Did you refresh your browser cach after change css?


Are you WebBlock css distinct from the base theme and screen css since in outssytems the css are loaded in the follow order  webblock > Theme > Screen So there is a change that you CSS are being overlapped


The file you send us is just common stylling did you replicate this in webblock or are this the styles you find on the screen?


BR

I tried the refresh and it didn't work.


I don't think the css is being overlapped because the fonts and colours I've set are custom and they show on the screen - it's just the margin formatting/positioning of the elements that aren't working.


Christopher Bautista wrote:

Jason Zhao wrote:

Christopher Bautista wrote:

Hi Jason,

Can you please attach the css you applied?

Thanks,

Chris



Hey Jason,

Try to replace the double quotes with single.


Thanks,

Chris


No luck unfortunately.

Jason Zhao wrote:

Christopher Bautista wrote:

Jason Zhao wrote:

Christopher Bautista wrote:

Hi Jason,

Can you please attach the css you applied?

Thanks,

Chris



Hey Jason,

Try to replace the double quotes with single.


Thanks,

Chris


No luck unfortunately.

Hey jason,


Can you please attach a OML?


Thanks,


Chris