Record to Excel and Error Catching

For the excel upload, i am using the Record List to Excel widget where the Record Definition is set to a structure. Is there anyway for the system to throw error and inform the user which of the mandatory attribute/column is affected by wrong or missing input ?

Wrong input refers to data type mismatch.

Missing input refers to mandatory field missing.

When I stated throw error, I hope i can add text into the excel to inform user which are the fields with error.

Hi Newbie,

Record List to Excel converts whatever is in your List to an Excel binary. Excel itself doesn't have "mandatory columns". So any data missing in the List must be checked before you export it to Excel.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Newbie,

Record List to Excel converts whatever is in your List to an Excel binary. Excel itself doesn't have "mandatory columns". So any data missing in the List must be checked before you export it to Excel.

Can i use any Exception Handler widget to catch the missing data? Or do I have to use if else to check? Currently i am using the latter.

HI Newbie,

I'm not sure what you mean. The Exception Handler Statement () is used to catch exceptions, either those generated by the Platform, or those you raise yourself with the Raise Exception Statement ().

As for checking missing data in a List, you'll need to loop over de List with a For Each, then do whatever checking is needed and return the information back to the user.