Client Action/Function in web application

Hello,

I want to ask a basic question actually. Are screen action and client action the same in developing web app? and is it possible to run a screen action even though there are no connection available?

feel free to ask if I was being unclear. thank you so much.

Regards,

Hentry

Hi,

In web app there are only screen action no client action are there. Screen action can run on client browser if it is Ajax Refresh action. There is one more that is server actions. This action's can be used as a function in your application and can be used in any screen actions. In web app there is no possibility of doing any thing without connection.

Regards,

Manthan Shah.

Hello Manthan,

Thank you for your response. From my understanding, if the screen action that I run only consist of an assign(local var = local var) and ajax refresh, it should not be accessing the server in any way. the process that was executed in that action would be only happening in client browser. Am I right?

Thanks

Regards,

Hentry

Solution

Hi Hentry,

What Mathan told you is not true. All the screen actions even being ajax submit( with ajax refresh) will run on the server. 

In Outsystems you have screen actions that run on the screen context and can't be referenced in any other context. and server actions which can be used in other places. 

In Outsystems there are no client actions but you can accomplish this with Javascript.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Hentry - wrote:

Hello Manthan,

Thank you for your response. From my understanding, if the screen action that I run only consist of an assign(local var = local var) and ajax refresh, it should not be accessing the server in any way. the process that was executed in that action would be only happening in client browser. Am I right?

Thanks

Regards,

Hentry

Local Var = Local var and then ajax refresh in screen action will run on serverside because local variable values are stored on server side but the page won't refresh only the element which is being ajax refreshed will be refreshed.

thank you for all of your response. Now I understand about this question.

cheers,

Hentry