Logic for iterating button text

hello people  

I am trying to create a set of buttons/box(not specific), could be 6-7 buttons with empty names. so when I press any button it should name it as 1 and next button pressed should be 2 and so on, but if I press any button which already numbered it should make it empty and also renumber all the button which are after him.

i.e. i have pressed 1,2,3,4,5,6 so if press '3' button .. it will rename 3 as empty and renumber 4,5,6 to 3,4,5 respectively. how should I approach

# put the button widgets as many as you want

# set each of the label as an expression

# ajax refresh and change the expression when you click a button 

Hi! 

That is an interesting exercise. 

Have you thought in build it as a list of buttons? 

The buttons label can be the content of a variable and the widget 

can update it with a new value

Regards

Graça

Maria da Graça Peixoto wrote:

Hi! 

That is an interesting exercise. 

Have you thought in build it as a list of buttons? 

The buttons label can be the content of a variable and the widget 

can update it with a new value

Regards

Graça

yes I thought it to use it as list only but the issue is  for when we press the button which is already numbered so we have to  decrement all the following number after it

brrrr wrote:

# put the button widgets as many as you want

# set each of the label as an expression

# ajax refresh and change the expression when you click a button 

Label as expression?

and if the button is already numbered than? that's the main part

Hi Vikas,

You'll have to remember somewhere what the number is. But that's basic programming, not very OutSystems-specific. This forum is about "how to do stuff with OutSystems", not "how to do generic programming stuff".

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Vikas,

You'll have to remember somewhere what the number is. But that's basic programming, not very OutSystems-specific. This forum is about "how to do stuff with OutSystems", not "how to do generic programming stuff".

I don't know how to perform this basic programming IN outsystem. can you help?

Solution

Did you take the training? If not, please do so - you cannot expect to understand a tool if you don't take at least some basic training.

Solution