[Camera Plugin] App crashes after confirming picture

Forge Component
(23)
Published on 25 Oct (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
23 votes
Published on 25 Oct (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi guys,

A month or two ago, my phone started crashing everytime I try to use the camera plugin.

On every app with the plugin, I have allowed permissions to use/access my camera. I take the picture, see its preview and once I click OK, the app crashes.

I've been noticing these errors:

My phone is a LG G6, Android v8.0.

Thanks!

Sónia Ferreira wrote:

Hi guys,

A month or two ago, my phone started crashing everytime I try to use the camera plugin.

On every app with the plugin, I have allowed permissions to use/access my camera. I take the picture, see its preview and once I click OK, the app crashes.

I've been noticing these errors:

My phone is a LG G6, Android v8.0.

Thanks!

You can see, the error in the snapshot you attached says:

It requires Internal-External Read-Write Storage Permission, which either may not be handled in the plugin or either you may not provided.

You can go to Application in Settings & check which permission it requires or the one you provided.

If you don't find the permission for R/W Storage, just report to the Owner so that he can update the plugin or you can check the Git-repository URL & refer the latest version of the plugin which may solve your issue [If that is implemented]

Also even if it like permission added & provided then the Plugin itself didn't use the API to fetch the Image URI.. the way it required right from Android 8.0 & in 9.0

But I did check on the Plugin description & they mention that they support till Android 9.0 which API 28.

Maybe you are using the outdated version of this plugin !!!

Hope it helps