[Camera Plugin] App crashes after confirming picture

Forge Component
(40)
Published on 16 Apr by OutSystems R&D
40 votes
Published on 16 Apr by OutSystems R&D

Hi guys,

A month or two ago, my phone started crashing everytime I try to use the camera plugin.

On every app with the plugin, I have allowed permissions to use/access my camera. I take the picture, see its preview and once I click OK, the app crashes.

I've been noticing these errors:

My phone is a LG G6, Android v8.0.

Thanks!

Sónia Ferreira wrote:

Hi guys,

A month or two ago, my phone started crashing everytime I try to use the camera plugin.

On every app with the plugin, I have allowed permissions to use/access my camera. I take the picture, see its preview and once I click OK, the app crashes.

I've been noticing these errors:

My phone is a LG G6, Android v8.0.

Thanks!

You can see, the error in the snapshot you attached says:

It requires Internal-External Read-Write Storage Permission, which either may not be handled in the plugin or either you may not provided.

You can go to Application in Settings & check which permission it requires or the one you provided.

If you don't find the permission for R/W Storage, just report to the Owner so that he can update the plugin or you can check the Git-repository URL & refer the latest version of the plugin which may solve your issue [If that is implemented]

Also even if it like permission added & provided then the Plugin itself didn't use the API to fetch the Image URI.. the way it required right from Android 8.0 & in 9.0

But I did check on the Plugin description & they mention that they support till Android 9.0 which API 28.

Maybe you are using the outdated version of this plugin !!!

Hope it helps

Include this JSON in the Extensibility Configurations property of the app:

{ "preferences": { "android": [ { "name": "Permissions", "value": "['android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE','android.permission.CAMERA']" } ] } }