How to upload a file to a particular folder (particular path) in server ?

Hi,

I am uploading a file using file-upload widget.

Now i need to set the destination path for the uploaded file.

Is there any component that can be used to set the destination path or any way to do the task (integration studio) ? 

Thanks,

Sai

You can use this component, https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/68/filesystem, you will need to have the proper permission set on the server

sai teja Yeniganti wrote:

Hi,

I am uploading a file using file-upload widget.

Now i need to set the destination path for the uploaded file.

Is there any component that can be used to set the destination path or any way to do the task (integration studio) ? 

Thanks,

Sai

I have the same problem ... 

Filipe Silva wrote:

You can use this component, https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/68/filesystem, you will need to have the proper permission set on the server

Hi Filipe,

Thankyou for responding.
In the FileSystems Forge component, I see that there is only one relevant action - FIle_Copy which copies a file from source path to destination path.Is this the action you are talking about ? Or is there anything that i missed.

Thanks,

Saiteja

Solution

Filipe Silva wrote:

Hi Filipe,

Thankyou for responding.
In the FileSystems Forge component, I see that there is only one relevant action - FIle_Copy which copies a file from source path to destination path.Is this the action you are talking about ? Or is there anything that i missed.

Thanks,

Saiteja

Hi sai teja Yeniganti,

There are many more actions in the component that you can use. As you mentioned u need to set a destination path for your file in server, you can use action named "File_WriteBinary" Using this action u can keep your file in server by passing an URL and Binary content of your file.

Also in order to proceed with the task,

Firstly you need to create a directory in server,

then you can pass the URL of your directory.

You have many more actions like "Directory Create","Directory Exists", "File_WriteBinary" etc.

Hope these information is helpful for you, let me know if any other concern.

Solution

Deepa Tiwari wrote:

Filipe Silva wrote:

Hi Filipe,

Thankyou for responding.

Thanks,

Saiteja

Hi sai teja Yeniganti,

There are many more actions in the component that you can use. As you mentioned u need to set a destination path for your file in server, you can use action named "File_WriteBinary" Using this action u can keep your file in server by passing an URL and Binary content of your file.

You have many more actions like "Directory Create","Directory Exists", "File_WriteBinary" etc.

Hi Deepa,

I am using the File_WriteBinary action. But when I use the path along with the server name ("\\<server_name>\<path>"+"<File_Name>") I am getting an error " The given path's format is not supported."

I am still working on how to set the destination path.

Thanks & Regards,

Saiteja

Deepa Tiwari wrote:

Filipe Silva wrote:

Hi Filipe,

Thankyou for responding.

Thanks,

Saiteja

Hi sai teja Yeniganti,

Hi Deepa,

I am using the File_WriteBinary action. But when I use the path along with the server name ("\\<server_name>\<path>"+"<File_Name>") I am getting an error " The given path's format is not supported."

Thanks & Regards,

Saiteja

What Server name and path you are Passing ??

Deepa Tiwari wrote:

Deepa Tiwari wrote:

Filipe Silva wrote:

Hi Filipe,

Thankyou for responding.

Thanks,

Saiteja

Hi sai teja Yeniganti,

Hi Deepa,

Thanks & Regards,

Saiteja

What Server name and path you are Passing ??

Hi Deepa,

The same servername where a new version gets stored when I click the 1-Click Publish button and the path of the particular folder present in it.

Can you please elaborate this,

"u can keep your file in server by passing an URL and Binary content of your file". How to pass the URL (Structure of it)

Thanks,

Saiteja

Hi Saiteja,

First thing you canget access direct path of cloud platform.

Follow this steps toput file on server path and get file from same 

1. Use action  Path_GetApplicationDirectory
  2. Check Directory_Exists with folder name Like -Path_GetApplicationDirectory.ApplicationDirectory+"\TempFolder" 
  3. If Directory not exist than directory     create else not  
  4. After use     Path_GetDirectoryName action
              like -  Path_GetApplicationDirectory.ApplicationDirectory+"\TempFolder\Images" 
  5. Use File_WriteBinary provide file content and     path  with file name like -Path_GetDirectoryName.DirectoryName+"\"+Upload1.Filename

For Getfile from server-

1. Use action  Path_GetApplicationDirectory
  2. Provide file name like 

Path_GetApplicationDirectory.ApplicationDirectory+"\TempFolder\"+FileName 

1. Use      File_ReadBinary action 
  2. Use download action

If you want to getlist of file from same directory Use "Directory_ListFiles"Actions.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Saiteja,

2. Check Directory_Exists with folder name Like -Path_GetApplicationDirectory.ApplicationDirectory+"\TempFolder" 
  5. Use File_WriteBinary provide file content and     path  with file name like -Path_GetDirectoryName.DirectoryName+"\"+Upload1.Filename

For Getfile from server-

2. Use download action

If you want to getlist of file from same directory Use "Directory_ListFiles"Actions.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu YOU COULD SHARE THE OML FOR DOWNLOAD?

Raquel Gomes wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Saiteja,

For Getfile from server-

2. Use download action

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Rahul Sahu

Hi Raquel,

Sure, i have attached oml please look

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Raquel Gomes wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Saiteja,

For Getfile from server-

2. Use download action

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Rahul Sahu

Hi Raquel,

Hi Rahul Sahu !

In the action "File_WriteBinary" is giving error "Access to path is denied" ... I have already given all permissions to the folder where the file should be saved.

Do you know how to solve this error?

Raquel Gomes wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Raquel Gomes wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Saiteja,

For Getfile from server-

2. Use download action

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Rahul Sahu

Hi Raquel,

Hi Rahul Sahu !

In the action "File_WriteBinary" is giving error "Access to path is denied" ... I have already given all permissions to the folder where the file should be saved.

Hi Raquel,

I think the directory was not exist which you want find just remove one "SRV-OUTSTS-DEV" because its duplicate name i am seeing in path.

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Raquel Gomes wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Raquel Gomes wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Saiteja,

For Getfile from server-

2. Use download action

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Rahul Sahu

Hi Raquel,

Hi Rahul Sahu !

Hi Raquel,

I think the directory was not exist which you want find just remove one "SRV-OUTSTS-DEV" because its duplicate name i am seeing in path.

Hi Rahul Sahu

I just put the folder path in the "File_WriteBinary" action, but it is giving the error of "The value can not be null."

Note: I am using the Popup_Upload Widget

Hi Raquel,

I have attached new oml for upload file from popup and get from.

follow the same process its work

hope this will help you.

https://rahul-sahu.outsystemscloud.com/BPT_Test/Entry1.aspx?_ts=636970889695965525

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Raquel,

I have attached new oml for upload file from popup and get from.

follow the same process its work

hope this will help you.

https://rahul-sahu.outsystemscloud.com/BPT_Test/Entry1.aspx?_ts=636970889695965525

Hi Rahul Sahu ...

Can I just save a file in the folder that comes from the "Path_GetApplicationDirectory" action?

I can not set another folder to save the file?

Can I save a file without using the "Path_GetApplicationDirectory" action?