[Action Info] Action info

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2018-12-12 by Caio Santana Magalhães
3 votes
Published on 2018-12-12 by Caio Santana Magalhães

Hi Caio,

Thanks for creating the Action Info component, really helpfull for logging and exception handling.

I use the GetActionInfoStack in an action that is called by the onresponse of a rest service. The stack of function info before the onresponse is lost when I use your function. This probably has to do with the platform, but maybe it is something that can be solved.

It would be nice if you can check it out.

Thanks in advance.

Rene

Solution

Hi René,

Glad to know that Action Info is being put to good use.

Unfortunately, if the function name is not shown in the call stack, then I am afraid there isn't much that we can do since the platform isn't providing the names of the actions as expected in the call stack. Sorry!

It's not ideal, but perhaps you could work out something with session variables by storing the name of the calling action before making the request, and then retrieving it in the onresponse node.

Solution

Caio Santana Magalhães wrote:

Hi René,

Glad to know that Action Info is being put to good use.

Unfortunately, if the function name is not shown in the call stack, then I am afraid there isn't much that we can do since the platform isn't providing the names of the actions as expected in the call stack. Sorry!

It's not ideal, but perhaps you could work out something with session variables by storing the name of the calling action before making the request, and then retrieving it in the onresponse node.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Will try to find a workaround :)