Hi all, 

Very new to app development! 

Could anybody please advise on how to link modules together? 

For example, we need our 'my account' list widget in (module A) to link to the 'my account' page (module B). 

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi Reemah,

Can you please explain better what you want to accomplish?

You can "share" widgets and actions between modules by putting to 'Yes' the Public property.

Hi Nuno, 

I'm unsure of the correct terminology - sorry! We would like our user to be able to press e.g the 'my account' tab and to be taken there. At the moment all of our module screens are separate and we need to link them. 

Thanks for your help. 

Hi,

As mentioned above you can set the screens as Public, and then reference them in the module you want. This is the easy way without any architecture concerns.

Hi Nuno, 

I don't seem to have an option to make any of my screens public.

Ok, that's an older version of the platform.

In that case, you need to use the ExternalURL widget and pass the URL you want. You can pass either the full URL or just a partial since probably you will have the same base URL.

Nuno Rolo wrote:

Ok, that's an older version of the platform.

In that case, you need to use the ExternalURL widget and pass the URL you want. You can pass either the full URL or just a partial since probably you will have the same base URL.

Hi Nuno, 

Sorry for the slow reply - We don't seem to have this option either! Is there a way I can source and add this widget? Or could there be another solution entirely?

Thanks,

R

Hi,

You can add it from the flow, by doing right click.

Thank you, got it.  Will adding this re-direct our users to a webpage though? We want users to stay on the screens within the app. 

Solution

It will open a new page/tab if you use the property target and set it to _blank, by default it should open in the same browser tab

Solution

Thank you Nuno I will try this. 

Maybe it's a CSS problem, the text inside links (visited/hover...) has white as color?

I would like to suggest that you also take a look into Developing Mobile Apps training course. I think it would be a big help for you.