Hello Members,

I have a requirement in mobile apps for LDAP Authentication?

I have done LDAP in web but when I see the screen in mobile that is not showing the option as web on screen( Integrated Authentication=False/True)..please see the attached screen shot.

LDAP is not possible in mobile app?

Thanks,

Salman Ansari

Hello Salman, what is the purpose of it?

If you want to do a login "automatic", I think it is not possible. You will have to continue typing user and password.
But it's not all bad news..You can customize your mobile login and match the user and password from the AD or LDAP server.

Best Regards,
Paulo Ricardo

PAULO RICARDO FAGUNDES JUNIOR wrote:

Hello Salman, what is the purpose of it?

If you want to do a login "automatic", I think it is not possible. You will have to continue typing user and password.
But it's not all bad news..You can customize your mobile login and match the user and password from the AD or LDAP server.

Best Regards,
Paulo Ricardo

Hi Paulo,

I want same behavior like web in my mobile app.

In web when we are trying to access any page it will redirected always a LDAP popup and if I enter correct uname /pass then it allows me to access inner screen. Incase wrong credential I will stay on the LDAP pop i.e. login failed.

Hi, I understand.
In mobile login page, you will have to call a server action sending the user and password and creating your own login logic using that actions from extension called Authentication. I think that is not other way to do that.

PAULO RICARDO FAGUNDES JUNIOR wrote:

Hi, I understand.
In mobile login page, you will have to call a server action sending the user and password and creating your own login logic using that actions from extension called Authentication. I think that is not other way to do that.

Hi Paulo,

Problem is that How my mobile screen will know that first I need to go for LDAP Login Popup..(we have option in web screen using Integrated Authentication=False/True ) but in mobile screen we dont have any such option...

"Integrated Authentication" is not available in mobile screen that the main problem?

Thanks,

Salman Ansari

Hi Salman,

If I understand correct; the problem in mobile you are facing is the property option using Integrated Authentication=False/True ). Thus on a high-level approach, I would suggest:

Considering LDAP Login return a session or flag which we can maintain in mobile to validate whether the user is logged in or not :

1- Persist the Session Key in Mobile App. To do so you can either use the Local Storage entity or Native way i.e Shared Preference :

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5013/android-ios-shared-user-preferences

2- Add Validation check-in Base_Layout of Mobile Scree, generally, all screens refer the Layout_Blank from Common Block Section of Project. This way you don't need to add the validation logic to every screen.

If you don't want to validate on each screen despite then you can use the onApplicationReady event in Logic Section too.

3- Execute a Validate Action & Redirect the user to the login screen if you found it InValid 

So overall your application will redirect to the LDAP webpage when user click on Login Button as we use with IDP; if I am not wrong.

And then once you receive the callback for success you can persist the session token or whatever it is maybe a boolean flag of yours.

Then Validating things using the OnApplicationReady Event or Layout Action.

Hope this helps,

Assif