Hi Team,

I am getting such error "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.xxx.xx.x:22" while establishing SFTP connection .

Thanks,

Ronan T.

Hi Ronan,

There's no team here, you posted in the general forum. If you want the attention of the SFTP team, post in the component's subforum (I'm sure I've told you this before).

As for your specific error, it is as it says it is: you are trying to connect to a server that is not responding. So either the server name or IP address is wrong, or the port is wrong, or you're just not allowed to make a connection (e.g. when your IP address needs to be white-listed). It has nothing to do with the SFTP component itself, it's an infrastructure problem.

(See also this fairly recent topic, where exactly the same came up, although the OP never reported back).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ronan,

There's no team here, you posted in the general forum. If you want the attention of the SFTP team, post in the component's subforum (I'm sure I've told you this before).

As for your specific error, it is as it says it is: you are trying to connect to a server that is not responding. So either the server name or IP address is wrong, or the port is wrong, or you're just not allowed to make a connection (e.g. when your IP address needs to be white-listed). It has nothing to do with the SFTP component itself, it's an infrastructure problem.

(See also this fairly recent topic, where exactly the same came up, although the OP never reported back).

Hi Kilian Hekhuis,

There is nothing  wrong with  IP or Server name ,How can one put IP or Server name without checking it? If it fails to connect for the 1st time we will check whether the IP and password are correct .I tried connecting Via Win SCP it got connected.

Thanks,

Ronan T.

Hi Ronan,

Did you check the topic I referred to? In there I explain why WinSCP may get a good connection, but your OutSystems Server might not.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ronan,

Did you check the topic I referred to? In there I explain why WinSCP may get a good connection, but your OutSystems Server might not.

Hi Kilian Hekhuis,

Ya i have checked after you suggest.

Thanks,

Ronan T.

Is this SFTP server local, i.e. it runs within your corporate network, or is it an external one? If the former, you may want to contact your local sys admin, if the latter, the technical administrator of it, to see if the connection is actively blocked (or, to see if there's a connection attempt at all, maybe it's blocked on a different level).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Is this SFTP server local, i.e. it runs within your corporate network, or is it an external one? If the former, you may want to contact your local sys admin, if the latter, the technical administrator of it, to see if the connection is actively blocked (or, to see if there's a connection attempt at all, maybe it's blocked on a different level).

Thank you.

Please let us know if you find out what caused it. Good luck!