I am trying to use an extension I recently built, but every time I try calling an action in that extension I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I believe a third party library I am using references Newtonsoft.Json version 12, but I noticed that Integration Studio does not allow you to include the Newtonsoft.Json.dll in your extension when you publish it.

I tried removing the reference in my solution (I don't directly call it so this doesn't cause any build errors), but I get the same error as above when trying to call the extension module.

I have also tried manually setting the path to a copy of the dll in the Integration Studio folder (instead of the path to the extension's bin folder), but the same error occurs then.

Has anyone else had a problem similar to this?

I'm using Integration Studio version 11.

Hi,

Why do you think you cannot include the file ?

In service studio you can add files on the reference folder in the solution explorer or through nuget.

Yo can include 3thnosrty  libraries as you would do if you build other applications with service studio.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

Why do you think you cannot include the file ?

In service studio you can add files on the reference folder in the solution explorer or through nuget.

Yo can include 3thnosrty  libraries as you would do if you build other applications with service studio.

Regards,

Daniel

I can add the library to my own solution without issue, but when I try including that specific library with the extension in Integration Studio I am given a warning message that states I cannot include it. I'm not able to attach a screen shot to show this right now, but I'll add one when I am able to. 

To get it included on the server it somehow must be present on the build server also, what kind of application are you building, web or mobile ? 

regards,

Wim

Wim van den Brink wrote:

To get it included on the server it somehow must be present on the build server also, what kind of application are you building, web or mobile ? 

regards,

Wim

This is being used in a web application.

Hello Trevor

I created an empty extension in Integration Studio 11. See the picture below, the extension already has Newtonsoft.json dll in it. The version was 11.xx. 

From VS, I opened the project and via Package Manager, installed Newtonsoft 12. See the screenshot below, Integration studio, updates the dll properly. 

Hope it helps !!!. 

I've done the same steps already, but this doesn't solve the actual problem I am experiencing. I can add the Newtonsoft.Json dll to my project without issue. The extension publishes without issue as well. However when I try calling on my extension I get the error message:

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I can verify that the dll is listed in the resources in Service Center, but I suspect the version is incorrect. I don't see a place to view the version number directly in Service Center though so I'm only guessing on that.