Its possible to pass another value without being boolean from a list to excel

I want to pass a boolean value to excel and i want if the value = true he pass some text like "finished" and if it is = false it writtes "not finished"....

Hi David,

On the 'right' the assignment of your cel value you can use an IF(value, "finished", "not finished")

As the value attribute is of type boolean you can ommit '= true' from the equation.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi David,

On the 'right' the assignment of your cel value you can use an IF(value, "finished", "not finished")

As the value attribute is of type boolean you can ommit '= true' from the equation.

Regards,

Daniel

I understand, but can you explain a little better how?

Hi David,

I'm assuming you are using RecordListToExcel action ?  So at the point where you add this action in your flow, you can only choose a recordlist as source, and then check on or off which attributes you want in your excel.

If you want some sort of translation of the attributes to be easier human readable in the excel, you will have to do that while building the Record List.  You can do one of the following :

If the source of the recordlist is for example an aggregate, add a calculated attribute in the aggregate, doing the translation for you.  In the case of your boolean that could be something like an attribute with the Name 'FinishedState', and the Value 

If(<EntityName.BooleanAttributeName,"Finished", "Not Finished")

like Daniel suggested.

The longer, but maybe a bit nicer way is to define a structure respresenting the attributes in your excel file, and then loop with a ForEach through the recordlist coming from your aggregate (or any other source of your record list), assigning the values that you want written to your excel.  In one of these assigns is where above 'If' line would go, then.  Append each to a local record list of this structure, and after the loop create the excel from this second list.

Hope this makes sense to you,

Dorine