Image editor javascript won't work (Due to ajax being required HTML5)

I am attempting to use picEdit (https://github.com/andyvr/picEdit) to allow my users to edit/preview images before they are uploaded to the server.

From the documentation on github:
"Note: Due to limitations of HTML5 Form API the form will be submitted with XMLHttpRequest/Ajax. The submission is handled by picEdit. If your form uses any js plugins or custom javascript this can create issues!"

When I attempt to leave the submit button as "submit" the action never runs (verified by debugging) and nothing occurs.

When I set the action to ajax submit, the action is triggered, but the upload widget.content is empty, as well as the filename.

I have created and attached an example of my work as an oml.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to force the upload widget to work with AJAX? I have tried a few of the other upload widgets on the forge that do work with ajax but as they are all sitting on top of the base upload widget or replace it entirely none of them seem to work for my specific use case.

Thanks!
Braxton Bragg

Did you use "File Upload And Image Preview On ChooseFile" from forge? It supports the preview of images.

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

Did you use "File Upload And Image Preview On ChooseFile" from forge? It supports the preview of images.

Swatantra, the preview ability is truly secondary to the ability to edit the image. Most users are not experienced with Photoshop and the like, and expect Facebook-style photo editing capabilities with any image upload.

I will, however, give it a look to see if I can reverse engineer what they did and apply it to the javascript I am attempting to implement.

Thanks,
Braxton