[Firebase Mobile] Realtime Database - Firebase

Forge Component
(15)
Published on 17 Jul by David Sousa
15 votes
Published on 17 Jul by David Sousa

Hi,

Can I use the realtime database from Firebase ?

I have an app that stores clients details, and I wonder if I can store those clients in Firebase instead of Outsystems .. that way I can fetch that data from other applications!

I've search here in the forum and there are others who asked if we can make a CRUD method in firebase but no one taught how to do that .. they just say what can be done.

Anyone could plase give me an example of a connection between Outsystems and Firebase sharing data and not just PUSH notifications ? 

Thanks!!

Hey João,

In order to use the real-time database please refer to this component.

If you still want to use Firebase Mobile, it's possible to have Firebase and Firebase Mobile in the same mobile app.

Does that answer your question?

Regards,

David

David Sousa wrote:

Hey João,

In order to use the real-time database please refer to this component.

If you still want to use Firebase Mobile, it's possible to have Firebase and Firebase Mobile in the same mobile app.

Does that answer your question?

Regards,

David

Hey David,

thank you for the response, it's good to know that there are ways to fix my problem.

But I've tried this other component and the documentation teaches how to connect with Firebase and I manage to do that, but I didn't find how to store data in it or either how do I get the data there..

Do you know any tutorial or extra documentation that could help me ?

Thank you again,

João

Hi João,

Probably the easiest way to understand how that works is to start by reading some of Google's own official documentation on it and then review a sample of the usage. A place where you can look is this component: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/2845/in-app-chat-web. It is web but the structure is fairly similar to what you have in mobile.

Pedro