[Search and Autocomplete] Lists CurrentRowNumber always 0

Forge Component
(24)
Published on 24 Mar by leonardo.fernandes
24 votes
Published on 24 Mar by leonardo.fernandes

Hello

First of all congrats on such amazing components that you've been placing in the forge, they sure help a lot and bring a new level of power to OS.

In our company we're using this one, but we're experiencing some difficulties, regarding lists. We have an example with a list, and on each row we have this autocomplete, which requires a OnNotify event. So far so good. But then, on that action, we need to have the currentRowNumber, and even if I pass it as an input parameter, inside the screen action it's always 0 and not the actual rowNumber. I don't know if you aware of this or if it possible to fix?

Best regards

Luís Serpa

Hi Luis Serpa,

From what I see to actually get CurrentRowNumber you have to put a WebBlock inside a results placeholder and implement your logic there, like fire an event with a ListRecords.List.CurrentRowNumber or something.

Hi Vitaly

Thank you for the feedback. Well, I do have a wb on the result placeholder, which in turns does a trigger. Then, on the screen I catch that trigger and it is there that I want to know the currentRowNumber, but then it's always 0. I also have tried to pass the currentRowNumber as an input to that action that catches the trigger, but it's still 0 every time.

Luis Serpa wrote:

Well, I do have a wb on the result placeholder, which in turns does a trigger. Then, on the screen I catch that trigger and it is there that I want to know the currentRowNumber, but then it's always 0. I also have tried to pass the currentRowNumber as an input to that action that catches the trigger, but it's still 0 every time.

Could you please share your code? It might be a bit easier to assist you here.

Here I've created a small example, it's a bit dirty but the main idea is there.

It's not exactly like that, but I was creating an example on my personal to show you and I managed to made it work as I wanted. Well, I'm going to share this tomorrow with my colleagues and then I'l give some more feedback on this. Here is my example:

Hi Vitaly

I tried my example again in my company enterprise environment and it worked as expected. Don't know why it didn't work before, but the error is due to a different reason. Anyway, thank you for the help.

Cheers