[Search and Autocomplete] Lists CurrentRowNumber always 0

Forge Component
(24)
Published on 2019-03-24 by Leonardo Fernandes
24 votes
Published on 2019-03-24 by Leonardo Fernandes

Hello

First of all congrats on such amazing components that you've been placing in the forge, they sure help a lot and bring a new level of power to OS.

In our company we're using this one, but we're experiencing some difficulties, regarding lists. We have an example with a list, and on each row we have this autocomplete, which requires a OnNotify event. So far so good. But then, on that action, we need to have the currentRowNumber, and even if I pass it as an input parameter, inside the screen action it's always 0 and not the actual rowNumber. I don't know if you aware of this or if it possible to fix?

Best regards

Luís Serpa

Hi Luis Serpa,

From what I see to actually get CurrentRowNumber you have to put a WebBlock inside a results placeholder and implement your logic there, like fire an event with a ListRecords.List.CurrentRowNumber or something.

Hi Vitaly

Thank you for the feedback. Well, I do have a wb on the result placeholder, which in turns does a trigger. Then, on the screen I catch that trigger and it is there that I want to know the currentRowNumber, but then it's always 0. I also have tried to pass the currentRowNumber as an input to that action that catches the trigger, but it's still 0 every time.

Luis Serpa wrote:

Well, I do have a wb on the result placeholder, which in turns does a trigger. Then, on the screen I catch that trigger and it is there that I want to know the currentRowNumber, but then it's always 0. I also have tried to pass the currentRowNumber as an input to that action that catches the trigger, but it's still 0 every time.

Could you please share your code? It might be a bit easier to assist you here.

Here I've created a small example, it's a bit dirty but the main idea is there.

It's not exactly like that, but I was creating an example on my personal to show you and I managed to made it work as I wanted. Well, I'm going to share this tomorrow with my colleagues and then I'l give some more feedback on this. Here is my example:

Hi Vitaly

I tried my example again in my company enterprise environment and it worked as expected. Don't know why it didn't work before, but the error is due to a different reason. Anyway, thank you for the help.

Cheers