Hi there!!

I need to use some capabilities from the app like 'App Groups' or 'KeyChain Sharing'

is there any way to configure them in the OutSystems Platform?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Fernando,

According to this (archived) Apple documentation, you can enable and define App Groups for your application via Apple's Developer portal:

To enable data sharing, use Xcode or the Developer portal to enable app groups for the containing app and its contained app extensions. Next, register the app group in the portal and specify the app group to use in the containing app. To learn about working with app groups, see Adding an App to an App Group.

Then you can use Cordova plugins like this or this other one to access shared configurations (didn't check if there are Forge implementations already for those).

As for Keychain Sharing, I couldn't find any way of enabling it without app entitlements, but others here with more Mobile experience may be able to give more insights (maybe it is possible to add them via manipulation of your app's extended configurations?)

You can search the web for Corova plugins that may be able to help you, I found mentions to this one, no idea if it would work without anything else: https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-fdkeychain

Hope this helps

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Fernando,

According to this (archived) Apple documentation, you can enable and define App Groups for your application via Apple's Developer portal:

To enable data sharing, use Xcode or the Developer portal to enable app groups for the containing app and its contained app extensions. Next, register the app group in the portal and specify the app group to use in the containing app. To learn about working with app groups, see Adding an App to an App Group.

Then you can use Cordova plugins like this or this other one to access shared configurations (didn't check if there are Forge implementations already for those).

As for Keychain Sharing, I couldn't find any way of enabling it without app entitlements, but others here with more Mobile experience may be able to give more insights (maybe it is possible to add them via manipulation of your app's extended configurations?)

You can search the web for Corova plugins that may be able to help you, I found mentions to this one, no idea if it would work without anything else: https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-fdkeychain

Hope this helps

Thanks for your response Jorge!

I'm still facing the problem of integrating the entitlements file in the app, let me know if you find some information in this topic.