[OneSignal Plugin] Badge not increasing in iOS and Icon not showing in Asus phone

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 7 May by OutSystems R&D
13 votes
Published on 7 May by OutSystems R&D

Hi, 

I'm getting some issue regards the Notification Badge Not Increasing In IOS. Can you help me to fix this issue? And also the small icon not working in ASUS phone even though I put "ic_launcher" on the value .

Please Help me to solve this issues. Thank you :)

Hi Jomel,

Can you confirm that the notification is actually received?

In What version of iOS is it happening?

I believe that in Android devices, there's no standard to the small icon, this means that this plugin might not make it appear, and in other devices it might.

Cheers,

Rúben

Ruben G wrote:

Hi Jomel,

Can you confirm that the notification is actually received?

In What version of iOS is it happening?

I believe that in Android devices, there's no standard to the small icon, this means that this plugin might not make it appear, and in other devices it might.

Cheers,

Rúben

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for your response .

Yes I received notification properly. but the badge count still 1 even though I received more than 1 notification.

As per testing it's not working in iOS 12 and I don't know in lowest version but looks like the the iosBadgeType = "Increase" not working .

And regards to android is there any workaround that we can do?

Regards,

Jomel

Hi Jomel,

Can you do a test? In the badgeNumber that you send 1, send 2, and check if the badge changes to 2...

Also:
1. Do you have the latest version of the plugin installed?
2. If yes, please report this issue to OutSystems Support, since this is a supported plugin and more people might be stumbling on it.

Regarding, Android, unfortunately, I think not... That feature is not available on Android Vanilla, this means, that if you have it, it was a change made to OS by the producer of the phone or by who ever altered the vanilla version... I would suggest for you not to count with that behavior in Android.

Hoping to hear from you,

Cheers,

RG