Operation time out for Service Actions

Hello,

What is the default time out period for Service Actions in OutSystems? Is there any way to configure the time out value?

Hi Vinay,

Default for ServiceAction is 100 seconds (if I remember correctly). But can easily checked and modified.

I recommend to checkout TimeOut settings.

Regards,

Swatantra Kumar

Hi,

I tried to look over the documentation, but there was nothing related to Service Actions, we have a similar case where the action timeouts after 100 seconds, and I don't know where this setting can be changed.

Regards,

Bogdan

Hi Bogdan,

You can check the link shared by Swatantra Kumar

Timeout Setting

As it says,

In the ASP.NET version of the OutSystems Platform, this timeout event value is defined in the machine.config file under the httpRuntime section, with the parameter executionTimeout. By default, this value is not set and it will default to 100 seconds. In the OutSystems Platform's Installation Checklist document, you'll find the instructions for setting the executionTimeout for your application server. Please obtain the installation checklist for your version and application server stack in OutSystems Downloads page.

PS: We faced similar issue a while back and instead of fiddling with executionTimeout I would recommend that you again go through your business logic within the service action. If it's due to large amount of data or an SQL query timing out, try to process your data in chunks by breaking a single request to service action into multiple requests.

Thanks,

Vinay