What makes the application lag ?

I assume that the application is somehow lagging like the above when I click the link to the page and move on to the another screen.

I mean it takes a bit of some time to load a page on a screen in the created OutSystems11 app.

Is there any way to make the page load time faster?

I'd like you to tell me anything related to this glitch.

i look forwardto your reply!

Hi Tsubasa,

Slow page loads are usually caused by one or more of:

1. Slow queries in the Preperation;
  2. Slow REST or SOAP calls in the Preperation;
  3. Slow Actions called in the Preperation;
  4. Slow Functions called as part of the Screen logic;
  5. Complex Screens with many Web Blocks, each with their own possible problems of 1-4 above.

Note that you can check in LifeTime, in the Analytics Screen, what time is spent where, like this:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Tsubasa,

5. Complex Screens with many Web Blocks, each with their own possible problems of 1-4 above.

Note that you can check in LifeTime, in the Analytics Screen, what time is spent where, like this:

Thank you for telling me.
 BTW, how do I see  the Analytics Screen and check in LifeTime?

Does that mean We cannot figure out slow page loads?

Hi Tsubasa,

If you have a PE, it's yourname.outsystemscloud.com/LifeTime. Click the "Analytics" tab on top of the screen. From there you can zoom in on your page (it's all pretty self-explanatory).

I'm not sure what you mean by "cannot figure out". I told you 5 most common reasons, which you can check one by one. Also check Service Center, it will list slow queries and REST calls.

Hello Tsubasa, 

Another pointer to take care is to avoid using preparation data in screen actions

Using the screen data in screen actions will store this information in the viewstate and increase the size of the viewstate (page size), thereby sending the heavy page in every postback and ajax request to the server, increasing the load times. 

Check out some UI best practices here

Best Regards

Solution

Hi Tsubasa,

You should also keep in mind that while the personal environment is a good place to test the platform, it is not a very powerful environment, and is also subject to downtime and occasional performance issues.

Are you performing any complex logic in the Preparation actions of your screens? Could you share some screenshots and descriptions of the logic that you've implemented?

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Tsubasa,

If you have a PE, it's yourname.outsystemscloud.com/LifeTime. Click the "Analytics" tab on top of the screen. From there you can zoom in on your page (it's all pretty self-explanatory).

I'm not sure what you mean by "cannot figure out". I told you 5 most common reasons, which you can check one by one. Also check Service Center, it will list slow queries and REST calls.

Sorry for making you coufusing due to my poor English.

I just wanted to know how to make  slow page loads faster after checking 5 reasons you just said....

I wonder if that is possible....

Tsubasa Yoshikawa wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Tsubasa,

Thank you for telling me.
 BTW, how do I see  the Analytics Screen and check in LifeTime?

Does that mean We cannot figure out slow page loads?

Hi 

Check out the video here demonstrating Performance troubleshooting. 

Hope this helps !!!

Hi Tsubasa,

Once you have identified what makes the page slow, you can try to do something about it. Sometimes you can do that technically, like speeding up queries, and sometimes you need to take a more functional approach, like adding a button to allow the user to start displaying the data (so moving the Preperation query or queries to a Screen Action). It really depends on what the culprit is (or are) and work from there. But identification is step 1.