Manage Dependencies - An error has occurred

Hello,

I am having problems with the Manage Dependencies functionality. Whenever I open a large module, the warning that there might be some incompatible or missing dependencies even though I know there aren't any. When I click to refresh the dependencies, they are not loading and an error appears and sometimes Service Studio crashes. 

This doesn't happen on other environments for the same modules and my colleagues don't have such problems.

I tried reinstalling Service Studio a few times with no results.

The version of Service Studio is 11.0.537.0.

Thanks,

Ana Bocaniciu

Hi Ana,

Reading that this doesn't happen with your colleagues on the same environment makes it sound like an issue specific to your machine. Do you have another PC you can test this with?

It looks like you've local references not update or matching with the server version. Closing the module and fetching fresh dependencies solved it for me in the past.

can you refresh the dependencies and try to open it again, its work fine

Closing and reopening the module doesn't solve the issue. And there are no dependencies that need to be refreshed, even though the warning says there are.

I have tried connecting to the environment with my credentials from another PC and it works fine, so I believe it is indeed a problem related to my computer. Though I don't understand why it is happening with only one environment and why only managing the dependencies doesn't work.

As I mentioned, sometimes it crashes with this exception: 

ServiceStudio.Presenter.RuntimeImplementation+FullStackException: Exception in thread Main ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.AddRemoveReferencesPresenter.prs#yirhardz.prs#bkhoimjx()
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.AbstractPresenter.prs#cgobjosv.prs#jcrybaxe()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.RuntimeImplementation.FullStackException..ctor(Exception e)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.RuntimeImplementation.OnException(Exception exception, ExceptionType exceptionType, PresenterContext presenterContext)
   at ServiceStudio.ViewImplementation.WPFViewImplementationProvider.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<.ctor>b__2(Object sender, DispatcherUnhandledExceptionEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.CatchException(Exception e)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at ServiceStudio.ViewImplementation.Aggregator.ViewAdapter.FakeShowDialog(Window window)
   at ServiceStudio.WPFExtensions.WpfExtensions.SafeShowDialog(Window window)
   at ServiceStudio.ViewImplementation.Framework.AbstractModalViewAdapter`2.ServiceStudio.View.IModalView.Display()
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.AbstractModalPresenter.Display()
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.AddRemoveReferencesPresenter.Display(ReferencesManager referencesManager, AggregatorPresenter aggregator, ObjectKey initialReferenceKey, ReferenceListMode referenceListMode, Boolean refManagerAlreadyInitialized, TimeSpan timeToLogin)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.Commands.AddRemoveReferencesCommands.prs#xrmuhlos(ESpace kez, AggregatorPresenter kfa, ObjectKey kfb, ReferenceListMode kfc)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.ServerOperations.CheckForIncompatibleOrMissingReferences(IAggregatorPresenter aggregator, ESpace eSpace, Boolean silent, Boolean saveBrokenReferences)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.ServerOperations.ExecuteServerChecks(AggregatorPresenter aggregator, CheckAgainstServerVersionOperation operation)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.AggregatorPresenter.prs#jclaremc.prs#blsqsgvm()
   at ServiceStudio.Runtime.SafeExecute(ExceptionType exceptionType, Action action, PresenterContext presenterContext)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.AggregatorPresenter.prs#vxjiajki(CommandResult ari)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.AggregatorPresenter.OpenESpace(ESpace eSpace)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.AggregatorPresenter.OpenDownloadedESpace(ESpace eSpace)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.Commands.DownloadAndOpen.Execute(AggregatorPresenter& aggregator, String operationTitle, String ownerApplicationName, ObjectKey ownerApplicationKey, Boolean ownerAppIsIsolated, Int32 version, ObjectKey eSpaceKey, String eSpaceName, String initialLastSavePath, Boolean silentUpgrade, Boolean forceModified, Boolean forceNewAggregator, Boolean fromMergeCommand, Boolean fromPTA)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.Commands.DownloadAndOpen.prs#fqnqsvqu.prs#thmunhmf()
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.AggregatorPresenter.SetOwnerAggregatorIn[Type](AggregatorPresenter ownerAggregator, Func`1 action)
   at ServiceStudio.ViewImplementation.WPFViewImplementationProvider.DoSlowOperation[ReturnType](IAggregatorView aggregatorView, Func`1 operation)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.Commands.DownloadAndOpen.Execute(AggregatorPresenter& aggregator, String operationTitle, String ownerApplicationName, ObjectKey ownerApplicationKey, Boolean ownerAppIsIsolated, Int32 version, ObjectKey eSpaceKey, String eSpaceName, String initialLastSavePath, Boolean silentUpgrade, Boolean forceModified, Boolean forceNewAggregator, Boolean fromMergeCommand, Boolean fromPTA)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.CustomWorkspacePresenter.ServerPagePresenter.prs#xovqaawf.prs#vuenjnxk()
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.RuntimeImplementation.prs#eirjqhyd.prs#ngndgklu()
   at ServiceStudio.ViewImplementation.WPFViewImplementationProvider.DoSlowOperation[ReturnType](IAggregatorView aggregatorView, Func`1 operation)
   at ServiceStudio.Presenter.CustomWorkspacePresenter.ServerPagePresenter.ApplicationListPresenter.prs#cdfhugdy.prs#ljltbovb()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at ServiceStudio.ViewImplementation.WPFViewImplementationProvider.InnerWaitForExit()
   at ServiceStudio.View.ViewImplementationProvider.WaitForExit()
   at ServiceStudio.Program.Main(String[] args)

yes, I think there is problem with your PC regarding with this issue.

Yes, that's the reason I mentioned above "local references not update or matching with the server version".

If local metadata has not updated, it keeps complainting. What happens when you "Compare and merge with published version"?

Do you get any difference? If yes, then easy remove local differences; else (de)select and merge. 

Solution

Hello!

There where no differences between local and published version.

I have solved this issue in the end by cleaning completely the computer and reinstalling Windows.

Thank you for your support.

Solution

Ah, that's gone to extreme. 

Did you also try Ana by re-installing Service Studio instead of windows, if that works?