Views
Comments
Solved
Manage Dependencies - An error has occurred
Question

Hello,

I am having problems with the Manage Dependencies functionality. Whenever I open a large module, the warning that there might be some incompatible or missing dependencies even though I know there aren't any. When I click to refresh the dependencies, they are not loading and an error appears and sometimes Service Studio crashes. 

This doesn't happen on other environments for the same modules and my colleagues don't have such problems.

I tried reinstalling Service Studio a few times with no results.

The version of Service Studio is 11.0.537.0.

Thanks,

Ana Bocaniciu

Solution

Hello!

There where no differences between local and published version.

I have solved this issue in the end by cleaning completely the computer and reinstalling Windows.

Thank you for your support.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ana,

Reading that this doesn't happen with your colleagues on the same environment makes it sound like an issue specific to your machine. Do you have another PC you can test this with?

It looks like you've local references not update or matching with the server version. Closing the module and fetching fresh dependencies solved it for me in the past.

can you refresh the dependencies and try to open it again, its work fine

yes, I think there is problem with your PC regarding with this issue.

Yes, that's the reason I mentioned above "local references not update or matching with the server version".

If local metadata has not updated, it keeps complainting. What happens when you "Compare and merge with published version"?

Do you get any difference? If yes, then easy remove local differences; else (de)select and merge. 

Solution

Hello!

There where no differences between local and published version.

I have solved this issue in the end by cleaning completely the computer and reinstalling Windows.

Thank you for your support.

Ah, that's gone to extreme. 

Did you also try Ana by re-installing Service Studio instead of windows, if that works?

I know this is an old post but anyone got an solution for this situation?

Version 11.9.0

Happening just in one module and all the colleagues get same error on this modulo